Advice on the Kingfisher Angler 1825 Warrior

the 1825 falcon at least runs perfect. very rare to get bumpy across waves, rides to the top of most waves easily. does 17-18mph comfortably across chop with 16-24 trim. 50 trim across smooth water. its perfectly balanced if you position weights correctly (nose needs to be light, rear heavy with swim platform 2 inches above water). anchors very well with a vulcan 4lber. heres a ton of video if you want to see river/ocean handling in real time :

the 1825 falcon at least runs perfect. very rare to get bumpy across waves, rides to the top of most waves easily. does 17-18mph comfortably across chop with 16-24 trim. 50 trim across smooth water. its perfectly balanced if you position weights correctly (nose needs to be light, rear heavy with swim platform 2 inches above water). anchors very well with a vulcan 4lber. heres a ton of video if you want to see river/ocean handling in real time :

Thanks!...I guess if the hulls are the same and i get the weight distribution right im leaning towards the Kingfisher now. I also like the simplicity of it , not much to break .maintain from an interior console perspective and solid..all welded.

Thanks...thats a good way to look at things, the more i look into it the less the specs really mean other than a basic spec sheet. Will wait until fall to try and do a trial on them. At the moment it's next to impossible with how busy the dealers and marinas seem to be.

I bought my boat last October, when the market was really sleepy.

That being said, Inlet Marine was eager to have me sea trial anything they had, and could even arrange some boats that weren't on site. No deal pending necessary.

On the other hand, GA Checkpoint, a dealer for Kingfisher and Hewescraft weren't interested AT ALL. They scoffed at my insistence of a sea trial despite the roughly 85k ++ I was looking to spend give the model.

Fast forward 8 months, and I have a Silverstreak that was purchased at Inlet Marine. I am definitely counting my blessings given the ongoing support I've received from both the dealer and manufacturer in those 8 months. I can easily speak to the owners of both companies any day of the week.

Bottom line: If the dealer(s) you're talking to won't offer you sea trial after sea trial, they also won't give you the time of day a week after you finalize the deal and take the boat home, or worse, when you have an issue with it.

Julian

Thanks for the input...i contacted kingfisher and this is the response they had regarding the hull design
"Yes the hull design is practically identical, the primary difference is the helm and dash placement. The bow of the 1825 Warrior is platform style."

I followed up with Kingfisher around the 12 degrees deadrise, i asked which location on the hull is this angle measured the answer i received from kingfisher was. Thought i would put it out there in case anyone else was looking for similar information on the forum. In that case i guess thats the same for the Falcon since they said that its the exact same hull for the two.
"From my understanding It is an aggregate of the dead rise throughout"

I followed up with Kingfisher around the 12 degrees deadrise, i asked which location on the hull is this angle measured the answer i received from kingfisher was. Thought i would put it out there in case anyone else was looking for similar information on the forum. In that case i guess thats the same for the Falcon since they said that its the exact same hull for the two.
"From my understanding It is an aggregate of the dead rise throughout"
My goodness, you need to speak to someone else from your dealership or Kingfisher. Here is an example that Weldcraft uses. Your choice should be similar to the 18 Angler Sport below, but watch the video on deadrise please.

drSharedScreenshot.jpg

the kingfisher deadrise is a bit weird. its very shallow on the front and steepens rapidly through the middle. the other boats have a deadrise which is high at the front and then lessens as you get thru the middle. you would ride up the wave slightly with a kingfisher before it cuts sharply through the wave with spray on either side. it takes some getting used to but once you get used to it its awesome. i used to have a boat with a shallow deadrise before the KF (legend) which was a proper lake boat and couldnt cut thru waves at all. the KF does it well. it softens the ride plowing thru waves compared to just trying to slice thru the wave and shed water. so if deadrise concerns you at all it shouldnt. doesnt affect handling at all with the KF.
you will need to run on low trim thru chop with maybe 5 degrees nose up but if you do you can maintain good headway without bashing your back.
also if you want to have fun and surf the wave you can do full trim up and climb on top of the wave and just hang there which is awesome. i do that often with tugs running full out. just sit on top of their 4ft wake and surf.

Last edited:
the kingfisher deadrise is a bit weird. its very shallow on the front and steepens rapidly through the middle. the other boats have a deadrise which is high at the front and then lessens as you get thru the middle. you would ride up the wave slightly with a kingfisher before it cuts sharply through the wave with spray on either side. it takes some getting used to but once you get used to it its awesome. i used to have a boat with a shallow deadrise before the KF (legend) which was a proper lake boat and couldnt cut thru waves at all. the KF does it well. it softens the ride plowing thru waves compared to just trying to slice thru the wave and shed water. so if deadrise concerns you at all it shouldnt. doesnt affect handling at all with the KF.
you will need to run on low trim thru chop with maybe 5 degrees nose up but if you do you can maintain good headway without bashing your back.
also if you want to have fun and surf the wave you can do full trim up and climb on top of the wave and just hang there which is awesome. i do that often with tugs running full out. just sit on top of their 4ft wake and surf.

Thanks for the detailed explanation on the difference between the hull design vs the rest...really helps!

My goodness, you need to speak to someone else from your dealership or Kingfisher. Here is an example that Weldcraft uses. Your choice should be similar to the 18 Angler Sport below, but watch the video on deadrise please.

View attachment 54627
I saw the same video before asking them the question, this answer was via FB messenger when i contacted them!...but as mentioned in detail by Zurk i guess this shouldn't be an issue. Ill just and have a look in detail myself and see if i can trial one...only two dealers around here..one is 2.5 hrs away and another around 2 hrs...in opposite directions!...called dealers...one of them said that the hulls are totally different between the falcon and warrior 1825....which contradicts what the kingfisher rep said.....i guess there's a reason why they really haven't taken off on the east side vs the competition in the multi species side of things...product knowledge is clearly lacking.

Just trying to help out with your continuing knowledge of boats in general.
I saw the same video before asking them the question, this answer was via FB messenger when i contacted them!...but as mentioned in detail by Zurk i guess this shouldn't be an issue. Ill just and have a look in detail myself and see if i can trial one...only two dealers around here..one is 2.5 hrs away and another around 2 hrs...in opposite directions!...called dealers...one of them said that the hulls are totally different between the falcon and warrior 1825....which contradicts what the kingfisher rep said.....i guess there's a reason why they really haven't taken off on the east side vs the competition in the multi species side of things...product knowledge is clearly lacking.
Regardless you are going to have a blast with your new boat.

Last edited:
Just trying to help out with your continuing knowledge of boats in gereal. The is no chance yo

Regardless you are going to have a blast with your new boat.
Thanks !....i really appreciate the help!...now just need to wait for fall to things to cool down at the dealerships!

the weighting is definitely different between the falcon and warrior. i wouldnt doubt the hull shape is the same. they arent going to produce multiple CAD drawings of the same boat hull.
i would see if you can sea trial it but most likely they wont allow it. weighting you can likely fix after the fact by upgrading the battery etc. warrior probably has a much heavier rear so weight will likely be needed on the front.
heres some more video of the falcon - smooth to choppy etc from the local vancouver area. you can see the boat transition between different trims in different sea states.

So went to the ramp today in the evening to chat with people coming out from an evening of fishing, one particular boat that i saw which was welded so similar to the Kingfisher was a 17.5ft stanley. This model was a tiller looked like it was built like a tank!...we had a nasty storm this afternoon and these guys said they got stuck and were the last ones out earlier and the boat did well to get them out. Since the bite was on they went back in for the evening and did well. I looked manufacturer/Stanley up and just saw that they make them on Ontario 2-3 hrs from Toronto. So that's i think is another one to look into.
A good comparison for similar boats would be the STANLEY Mink 18ft Dual Console VS the Kingfisher Falcon 1825.
Stanley doesn't have anything similar to the warrior, so wont compare with that.

mink isnt really comparable to the KF. lot less features and is the bow even self baling ? dont think it even has a cooler or multiple bench seats. its basically an open bow design. no fuel tank either. its a lot like my second boat which was a legend all sport from ontario. wouldnt trust it on any big waves. can it even go in a following sea ? the giant hole in the back in place of the transom looks interesting.
you should look at the islander and compare it to the KF. those boats are comparable. i would recommend the islander over the KF for sure -- looks like a much sturdier boat. mink not so much.

Last edited:
Hey guys, thanks for all the advice!!....so went ahead and put a deposit on the Kingfisher warrior . Managed to find a 2019 for $43500 tax inclusive out the door. I researched on the price and for the 2020's and 2021 i was quoted from a minimum of $56000 to $58500 tax inclusive from various dealers for the same exact specs that this 2019 has.

2019 Kingfisher 1825 Warrior Sport
  • Yamaha 115
  • Bow Troller Wiring
  • Battery Trays
  • Waterline Stripe
  • Sport Graphics
  • High Polish Package
  • Air Ride Seats
  • Welded Platform With Ladder
  • Upgraded Trailer
  • Spare Tire

20200718_122328.jpg 20200718_123018.jpg