how do I make this crab trap legal?

jlaffin

How do I make this trap legal? It has the escape holes for undersize crabs, but there is no place for rot cord and no hinged lid.

Thanks,
Julian20200705_151004.jpg

It look like the escape holes are on the bottom of the trap. So when sitting on bottom the escape rings do nothing, and you need two escape rings anyway.

I fish that same trap. Your picture shows what is the top of my trap. Your doors open the opposite of mine. I used bolt cutters to cut out one single square from the top and then tied some rot cord as shown.100_0573.JPG 100_0574.JPG

Thanks Bent Tip. I think someone put this trap together wrong. Doors are upside down if the escape holes are on top.

Do you take the crabs out through the doors?

Looks like yours was assemble wrong, easy to open flip around and put back on. To get crabs out you open one side(two hooks) swing the complete side open. Let me know if you want a picture I can go outside and take one

No, I unhinge one side and pull them out. The twine on the top gets untied and the larger "hooks" get pushed over the edge of the cage and open up, the side drops or folds out.

Back