Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Nice one but $22k seems a little optimistic! After picking up a similar used DE 176 7 years ago I am amazed to see the posted selling price has more than doubled. Never would have expected that!

agreed. the used market here is shocking, i wasn't expecting a sellers market during covid and DFO but i guess the dollar, the border closed, travel restrictions, social distancing etc..

Nice one but $22k seems a little optimistic! After picking up a similar used DE 176 7 years ago I am amazed to see the posted selling price has more than doubled. Never would have expected that!
Yeah, lots of people again were saying everyone would be giving their boats away dirt cheap. There’s been the odd really good deal but for the most part inventory has been low and prices high. here’s another example:

https://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/19-Livingstone-Viking-with-4-Strokes_36002486.lite

27 year old boat with 10-15 year old motors. Great shape mind you. But I would think it’s worth 20-22

Great boat, my brother had the full Cuddy style, not the walk around. After being placed just behind a nicely priced Grady White I can't argue with you but I would price it at 29.5 if I wasn't in a hurry to sell and see what comes out of the woodwork.

I had a ride on one of those Livingston Vikings,scared the crap out of me.Every time it came down onto a wave it would shoot off hard in one direction or another,terrible bow steer.I would think the only way to get around it would be to keep the bow high at all times,then it will porpoise all the time ,bad design I think.If anyone is interested in it,take it for a good long ride,maybe the one I was on was unbalanced weight wise or something.And the price is way high IMOP.

Last edited:
Agreed rob ive got too say I'm starting to think about selling just cause haven't been using as much and seeing the price of 20 or,30 year old eagles is making my decision a lot easier

I had a ride on one of those Livingston Vikings,scared the crap out of me.Every time it came down onto a wave it would shoot off hard in one direction or another,terrible bow steer.I would think the only way to get around it would be to keep the bow high at all times,then it will porpoise all the time ,bad design I think.If anyone is interested in it,take it for a good long ride,maybe the one I was on was unbalanced weight wise or something.And the price is way high IMOP.

I own a ‘96 Livingston Viking 192 & can tell you it doesn’t have any bad habits in rough water. I don’t know what the issue was on the one you describe, but I’m very confident in mine. It can take far worse weather than I can.

Last edited:
agreed. the used market here is shocking, i wasn't expecting a sellers market during covid and DFO but i guess the dollar, the border closed, travel restrictions, social distancing etc..

Don't you guys know, boats and motors appreciate at 10% per year. Duh!

Everything in the used market is jacked It certainly is not just with boats it’s a sign of the time money is tight people are working there butt off just to survive.

It’s not as easy as it once was to pay a mortgage, raise a family and also afford a recreational fishing boat.

I own a ‘96 Livingston Viking 192 & can tell you it doesn’t have any bad habits in rough water. I don’t know what the issue was on the one you describe, but I’m very confident in mine. It can take far worse weather than I can.
I had the 175 Livingston viking. Took it across to thrasher in a 5 to 15 knot np. Numerous times coming out of the north arm with the big standing waves... a heavy glass boat. The tin guys turned around and we pushed on. Great boat.

I had the 175 Livingston viking. Took it across to thrasher in a 5 to 15 knot np. Numerous times coming out of the north arm with the big standing waves... a heavy glass boat. The tin guys turned around and we pushed on. Great boat.
It does look like a well maintained and nice quality boat. But $30k nice?
You guys remember that persuit Out of sooke for $30k a few weeks ago? No contest.

Yeah, lots of people again were saying everyone would be giving their boats away dirt cheap. There’s been the odd really good deal but for the most part inventory has been low and prices high. here’s another example:

https://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/19-Livingstone-Viking-with-4-Strokes_36002486.lite

27 year old boat with 10-15 year old motors. Great shape mind you. But I would think it’s worth 20-22

Crazy times! I am having a bidding war on the pontoon boat i am selling, I never saw this coming :)

Back