2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also heard local guides received emails saying that there will be a complete shut down of recreational salmon fishing starting from April-July 15th, it may also be closed this year until September! No fishing for salmon. Take this by a grain of salt but I heard this from a credible source, anyone else hear about this?

Get that everyone is pissed with the latest regs but there are other threads underway to discuss them. Let's leave this one for what it is intended.

Hi admin can you please advise what forums/threads used to discuss these regs? I have searched and can not find it. The question i would like to post is what exactly does no Chinook fishing allowed mean? There were areas where this was mentioned in the regs. If i go out trolling for coho and get stopped. How exactly are they going to determine if my rig is meant for coho or Chinook? Is there any DFO site that stipulates what the differences are? Any help appreciated

Hi admin can you please advise what forums/threads used to discuss these regs? I have searched and can not find it. The question i would like to post is what exactly does no Chinook fishing allowed mean? There were areas where this was mentioned in the regs. If i go out trolling for coho and get stopped. How exactly are they going to determine if my rig is meant for coho or Chinook? Is there any DFO site that stipulates what the differences are? Any help appreciated

Here’s the link to the other thread:
https://www.sportfishingbc.com/foru...says-no-fish-for-you.81857/page-3#post-995697

You’re asking black and white questions but when it’s DFO, it’s always grey. Hopefully Cohos show up in some numbers soon. Let’s switch back to reports.

Fished Bowen yesterday as did Bad Habit. Purple pink hoochie was the go to and hooked up 4 or 5 all nookies. No Coho, although I did lose one just off the stern
might have been a Coho couldn't be sure. Good day for the crab traps though as I they were where I put them ha ha. 6 keepers :)
On another note anyone want to buy a boat for fish watching? ;)

Fished over in Nanaimo yesterday and this am, I hatch 50cm coho with a empty stomach and plenty of shakers with one nook that I would have kept in years past. Irish cream skinny g, no bananas weegee were the most productive.

6 under springs at Tunstall. No Ho’s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back