Beau L

Hey guys n gals

i'm a young guy who just drove up to Prince Rupert for the summer off a very good source that the crabbing season is back on and will be in full force this summer.

I've come prepared and gotten my commercial fishing license, level 1 first aid, and I've brought the determination to stick this out until I find some work this summer.

Does anyone have a line on any contacts or any tips or advice? I'm ready to work asap.

thanks kindly

Take a walk down to Fairview Harbour both 1+2 lots of crab boats tie up there. I have seen them hire guys right on the dock in the past.

They’re expecting a big season for volume, but prices have come way down—-last year’s prices right about this same time frame ....$ 15/lb....as of today, $ 8.00/lb...tell the captain you have a good line on dungeness crab bait...that might get you a job...I’ll back you up with the bait source—-one of my best guys in Van supports the Rupert fishery for bait

I believe the fellow that owns Kal tire or one of the tire shops in Rupert runs a crab fleet as well

My husband is also looking for a job on a crab boat.if someone know anything where he can find it.
Thank you.

Back