2020 Regs come out today?

can't imagine why they couldn't have this done before june 1 st like we have been hearing ?? again total incompetence on dfo doesn't surprise me a bunch of monkeys

Please don't refer to DFO as a bunch of monkeys. It's extremely disrespectful towards monkeys to be associated with such unintelligent life forms.

They first introduced nonrention last year back in mid Apr 2019. They've had 14 freakin months since then to crunch numbers and analyze the crap out of things. Such ******** to the millionth degree. How can such a dumbass group screw things up so badly for everyone... Their poor decisions which aren't based on any scientific evidence is costing this province billions in lost revenue thosunds of lost jobs and creating havoc on people's lives due to direct and indirect financial consequences of their actions and in-actions.

Last edited:
They don't care about these jobs. However, they care deeply about a few hundred fish farm jobs. I can't figure out their stupidity.

Yep, I’ve done that. I’ve also written letters, and signed every petition that circulates. I talk to local stores that sell Atlantic Salmon raises in open net pens. I try to do all I can.

Please don't refer to DFO as a bunch of monkeys. It's extremely disrespectful towards monkeys to be associated with such unintelligent life forms.

They first introduced nonrention last year back in mid Apr 2019. They've had 14 freakin months since then to crunch numbers and analyze the crap out of things. Such ******** to the millionth degree. How can such a dumbass group screw things up so badly for everyone... Their poor decisions which aren't based on any scientific evidence is costing this province billions in lost revenue thosunds of lost jobs and creating havoc on people's lives due to direct and indirect financial consequences of their actions and in-actions.
Best laugh I have had in month's thanks.

The late release of reg's has been the norm for quite a few years now. This issue is pandemic across management in general; wait til the last minute hoping an asteroid strike destroys the earth eliminating the need to make a no-win decision.

The following info comes directly from the Pacific Salmon Commission's Mark Selective Fishery Technical Working group regarding a MSF in inside BC waters:

"
There are several concerns regarding the B.C. recreational Chinook proposal, including complex (mark-mixed or mark- and size-mixed bag) regulations, visual sampling of heads leading to no unmarked tag recoveries, misalignment of catch sampling and CWT recovery programs with regulation boundaries, lack of estimates of released catch and for catch in certain periods, and no projected mark rates. The current evaluation of this proposal was based on some assumptions due to the non-specific nature of the proposal; the committee will reevaluate the proposal when an updated version is submitted."

FYI, the deadline for submittals is June 1 with approval & earliest implementation the following June 1.

It's always been close too Fathers Day in last few years. I suspect right before Fathers day it will be announced. I don't expect to see anything new, and that is just a personal opnion. I think it will be roll over based on the fact the government priorities are with Covid.

I don't expect to see changes to marked fisheries this year. I like to think it would happen but I think it's easier for government to leave regulations the way they are.

I could be wrong but that is how I see things at moment.

Back