What's this boat worth?

Chasin' Dreams

Asking for a friend of a friend. I was asked by a mutual friend of the owners if I knew what they should be asking for a price for this boat as they need to sell it. She emailed me some pictures and this is the info I was given:
-1992 22 ft Princecraft Corsica with original 1992 twin 2 stroke Mariner 115 HP motors
-No hour meters for the motors but owner says low hrs and serviced every spring at Haney Marine.
-Comes with tandem EZ Loader trailer.
-Has electronics/fish finder, two electric downriggers
-Comes with some fishing equipment as well.

101917249_602405530392660_8219250086534709248_n.jpg

101388460_616660689058642_4059823591800176640_n.png

101942140_589892604990662_534315698516656128_n.png

101683743_272680853940819_4669278991541075968_n.png

101202437_567763537217766_6367027362617360384_n.png

101527781_266790614557674_8314645682455576576_n.jpg

Last edited:
I’d say somewhere around 22-26. The mariners aren’t dreamy however the fact it has twins and is made of metal might make some drool a bit

I noticed the radar on the arch so asked her what electronics were on it exactly and she emailed me the picture of the electronics. I just edited the post to include that picture. I'm not too familiar with the Garmin or the JRC stuff so if anyone knows what units those are and want to add any info that would be great too.

I was contemplating maybe getting this boat as a back up or second charter boat perhaps but am a bit nervous about the rivited aluminum and the 2 stroke motors. Might see if I can take it for a test drive just to see how the motors are and the ride is. Never been in a Princecraft myself on the salt water. Was in a 16' in the river but that won't be a good comparison to use.

$12-13K would be a fair deal. The trailer looks a bit small for the twin two strokes but it’s not super clear in the pics.

It's a tandem EZ loader trailer apparently so should be more than adequet for the weight of this boat I would think.
I'll edit the original post with comes with "tandem" trailer.

Ask your self what you do when the rivets start to leak...

If they already are, and theres wet foam in the hull. It will be a lot of work to fix.

Rivits are used when aluminums to thin to weld....

Ask your self what you do when the rivets start to leak...

If they already are, and theres wet foam in the hull. It will be a lot of work to fix.

Rivits are used when aluminums to thin to weld....

Owner says no leaking rivets but ya I'm nervous about rivets and curious what thickness the aluminum is. I've found some info online for some other models of Princecraft saying they use .100 and .110 If that's the case for this one then that's thin for an ocean used boat! But haven't found actual specs for this model yet. As for leaking rivets, yes you can weld even thin aluminum. I TIG and MIG aluminum and TIG is no problem for even real thin aluminum but still wouldn't want to be repairing it if it's going to be an issue in the ocean pounding on waves. Saying that though these are the original owners who used it in the ocean and they are saying never had an issue with the rivets so I don't know what to think about that. Maybe they used it inside waters on nicer water conditions..
Pretty good sized boat not to be welded though especially with the weight of the motors etc..

Owner says no leaking rivets but ya I'm nervous about rivets and curious what thickness the aluminum is. I've found some info online for some other models of Princecraft saying they use .100 and .110 If that's the case for this one then that's thin for an ocean used boat! But haven't found actual specs for this model yet. As for leaking rivets, yes you can weld even thin aluminum. I TIG and MIG aluminum and TIG is no problem for even real thin aluminum but still wouldn't want to be repairing it if it's going to be an issue in the ocean pounding on waves. Saying that though these are the original owners who used it in the ocean and they are saying never had an issue with the rivets so I don't know what to think about that. Maybe they used it inside waters on nicer water conditions..
Pretty good sized boat not to be welded though especially with the weight of the motors etc..
I mean airplanes are riveted and they have big engines hanging off them?

Asking for a friend of a friend. I was asked by a mutual friend of the owners if I knew what they should be asking for a price for this boat as they need to sell it. She emailed me some pictures and this is the info I was given:
-1992 22 ft Princecraft Corsica with original 1992 twin 2 stroke Mariner 115 HP motors
-No hour meters for the motors but owner says low hrs and serviced every spring at Haney Marine.
-Comes with tandem EZ Loader trailer.
-Has electronics/fish finder, two electric downriggers
-Comes with some fishing equipment as well.

View attachment 53555

View attachment 53556

View attachment 53557

View attachment 53558

View attachment 53559

View attachment 53564
Morning,

Did this boat sell to someone from the interior? It looks like it is listed again in Salmon Arm. Do you happen to know what it went for when your friends sold it?

Thanks!!

Regardless of hours, any outboard gonna need money spent when it's beyond 30 years old. Personally I would view the entire fuel system, both hull and outboards, as suspect and budget to replace all components. Really this boat is worth whatever value you assign to downriggers, hull and trailer. Electronics and power are depreciated to near zero.

Last edited:
In addition... if it hasn't run in the past couple years, why not? And as per above, zero or low hours added doesn't improve things. Seals, hoses, diaphragms, O-rings and gaskets age regardless of hours.

Tough to say w/o seeing it but 10-14k… motors could run super well but chances are they’ll need work. Mine is a very similar style, 1998 23’ Sylvan, riveted.125” hull… it’s a lot of boat (size wise) for the money and depends what a person wants to use it for. Real nice big cuddy, easily sleeps 2 and a kid, lots of room to fish and stable. I can’t really comment on the prior owners use but I know it went to Rupert once or twice a year and still has 0 leaky rivets (25 years old) so the construction can’t be that bad. I did notice a couple loose rivets along the sidewall/bulkhead joint after a winter harbour trip in June.

Would I love welded, hard top, with more aggressive dead-rise- yes 💯 but that’s also atleast $50k more. Mine works just fine for cruising inland lakes and a couple ocean trips per year, though I know it won’t be maintenance free for the next 10 years. Very popular platform on the Great Lakes.

Back