2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In case you do not know, use the west side of the west ramp at super low tides. That is the deepest with a bit of angle. Not sure what your rig is but I can still drive my 20' aluminum on the trailer at dead low in this location. $.02
Thanks Paulo good info,

I'm out mid straits. Bit of a roll but no big deal, supposed to kick up but so far I'm not seeing it.

Heading towards south texada now, off Davis Bay way out in the middle...its actually calming down in fact.

Beauty day on the water today,

Had a first timer with me today and I looked like a stud. Hahaha

was over by Pasley island on the inside across from tunstal. Hook 5 landed 3 biggest I’d say was around 13lb (She was a looker).
salty dawg flasher and Irish cream spoon was the winning combo for us.

two humpbacks rolled through. Always awesome when you can whale watch while fishing.

27 jumbo spots and 5 keeper crabs.
Water was great, 530-1 was the shift we put in.

my freezer is itchn for retention,

bye for now.

20200529_144344_resized.jpg

One of the many springs we got into off Epsom point today. 2 hours from 1230 to 230, in the 150' to 250' sw facing downhill slope. Must have had 10 in the first hour alone, it's a salad fest and even with **** on the flasher hit hit hit. 160' on the rigger was the sweet spot. They get metal but the white jug head ruled the day again.

Weather said wind warning, nope it was flat calm all across the straits. Unreal day cheers

Water was rolling at thrasher clip kept popping i think I saw a thread on here to modify the clips will be looking into that. One fish about 10 lbs but couldn't fish it just too rough blowing 10-15 but was rolly unfishable unless going for lings and drifting. Tomorrow and Sunday look bad would anyone go out tomorrow?

Beauty day on the water today,

Had a first timer with me today and I looked like a stud. Hahaha

was over by Pasley island on the inside across from tunstal. Hook 5 landed 3 biggest I’d say was around 13lb (She was a looker).
salty dawg flasher and Irish cream spoon was the winning combo for us.

two humpbacks rolled through. Always awesome when you can whale watch while fishing.

27 jumbo spots and 5 keeper crabs.
Water was great, 530-1 was the shift we put in.

my freezer is itchn for retention,

bye for now.

sounds like a great day! Just a heads up there is a RCA around Pasley, no fishing allowed. Not saying you were in it just throwing that out as an FYI

Water was rolling at thrasher clip kept popping i think I saw a thread on here to modify the clips will be looking into that. One fish about 10 lbs but couldn't fish it just too rough blowing 10-15 but was rolly unfishable unless going for lings and drifting. Tomorrow and Sunday look bad would anyone go out tomorrow?

Make sure the tension is set to the full heavy and bury that line should work ok, I dont have issues with 15lb cannon balls there, deep too.

Pin the mono deep into the clip, or get a newer clip.
No, that weather forecast is serious. wait until monday and check again. Tuesday might be okay, but fish activity might be slow. huge tides coming the 4th to 7th.

l0oks like awesome water conditions out there u marking much off the south arm there?
Nope just a few shakers but marking SOME but no hook takers. Was nice on the water until I left at around 1500. Yet the Env CDN
site posted 'wind warnings' ... Pure Crap from that site, cant be trusted any more I guess
Stay safe and tight lines everyone

Its ripping mid straits, tight 2' +...ok for a boat ride but that's it. Youd be ok around hits etc...nw winds.

Wind has dropped way off now.

Last edited:
HITW slugged thru 5 hrs of weather. Storm fronts whipping up waves from the north then calm them more waves from SW an hour later. Gees! Only 1 to the boat. About 10 lbs so nice fight but that was it.

When do people normally start fishing the south/t10 and north arms for salmon?
I'm probably one of the only guys that fish the S Arm exclusively from May to Sept but can't teach an old dog new tricks and I'm a local Richmond guy, so most of the time its a lot of water covering but gets good especially in late Aug and Sept and when the runs come threw. The last couple of years its been catch and release for much of the year but that doesn't bother me to much, I just love the sport .... Might not be as many but some are really Big and mean lol Try in late August for the Chins (but then again so is the Cap, N Arm and T10 lol) ! Tight lines and be safe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back