2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went out yesterday afternoon for a few hours. Dropped the traps and after all the talk stuck around to keep an eye on them.
Commercial crabbers were out. Seemed to like the spots I had (ha,ha) as they were right on top of my markers and they saw me watching and waved.
Really sucks when you can't just drop traps go out fishing and know when you come back your traps will still be there. Dragged a line around the freighters the old fashion way as I left my
downrigger clips at home :confused: IDIOT! Crab return was good 4 keepers out of 15 or so. Really low tide yesterday for launching at Vanier around 3pm made it challenging.
Absolutely beautiful day!

Went out yesterday afternoon for a few hours. Dropped the traps and after all the talk stuck around to keep an eye on them.
Commercial crabbers were out. Seemed to like the spots I had (ha,ha) as they were right on top of my markers and they saw me watching and waved.
Really sucks when you can't just drop traps go out fishing and know when you come back your traps will still be there. Dragged a line around the freighters the old fashion way as I left my
downrigger clips at home :confused: IDIOT! Crab return was good 4 keepers out of 15 or so. Really low tide yesterday for launching at Vanier around 3pm made it challenging.
Absolutely beautiful day!

In case you do not know, use the west side of the west ramp at super low tides. That is the deepest with a bit of angle. Not sure what your rig is but I can still drive my 20' aluminum on the trailer at dead low in this location. $.02

Pushed off the dock in Port Moody at 430, dropped traps in westvan , caught some live bait and straight to thrasher . Had a 5 man limit of lings to 22Lb and quality rock cod by 9 am, fished springs with one rod as one of our down-riggers but the dust First drop , had 5 from 10 - nudging 20 lbs in tight to structure . Had 8 keeper crab on the way home. Great morning .

Forgot to mention a few things aswell, all the ling were puking up opal squid , which is a first over there for me, also there was more herring in shallow than I’ve ever seen, we were jigging them and fishing them live, full stringers on the sabiki every drop, even had a Chinook hammer our livey in 30’ of water . Lastly one drop with the sabiki we hit a full stringer of yellowtail rockfish ( pelagic rockfish allot like black bombers) , another first for over there .

Pushed off the dock in Port Moody at 430, dropped traps in westvan , caught some live bait and straight to thrasher . Had a 5 man limit of lings to 22Lb and quality rock cod by 9 am, fished springs with one rod as one of our down-riggers but the dust First drop , had 5 from 10 - nudging 20 lbs in tight to structure . Had 8 keeper crab on the way home. Great morning .
What? No prawns?

:p

Forgot to mention a few things aswell, all the ling were puking up opal squid , which is a first over there for me, also there was more herring in shallow than I’ve ever seen, we were jigging them and fishing them live, full stringers on the sabiki every drop, even had a Chinook hammer our livey in 30’ of water . Lastly one drop with the sabiki we hit a full stringer of yellowtail rockfish ( pelagic rockfish allot like black bombers) , another first for over there .
that's awes
Forgot to mention a few things aswell, all the ling were puking up opal squid , which is a first over there for me, also there was more herring in shallow than I’ve ever seen, we were jigging them and fishing them live, full stringers on the sabiki every drop, even had a Chinook hammer our livey in 30’ of water . Lastly one drop with the sabiki we hit a full stringer of yellowtail rockfish ( pelagic rockfish allot like black bombers) , another first for over there .[/QUOTE
that's awesome sounds like a fun day

Thought we had a small weather window before we were going to have to rip back so we left them at home, ended up being a beauty day other than a small blow right at thrasher
Nice work !

Got to thrasher at 2pm fished until 8 and had around 10 fish. 3 just over 70cm. The best depth was 100 to 130'. Staying over and going to try again tomorrow with brined herring. This is the fish from my trip a few weeks ago at thrasher.
DRtnPME.jpg

DRtnPME

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back