Seaport 2400 XL POD Conversion Project

So onto the next project! I need am going to move the axles on the trailer as the tongue weight is very light with the outboards now. I am going to have to extend and shorten some break lines which is fine as I have a flaring tool and all that. What I am not sure of it the getting some break lines. To me the current lines look like galvanized steel. I called lordco and pacific axle and spring but they don't carry galvanized steel break tubing. Lordco said they have coated steel tubing but didn't know what the coating was. Anybody know where to get galvanized steel tubing for the break lines?
use stainless brake line

Lordco had a copper mix brake line. Re-did friends truck with it, was very nice to work with. It does not rust, but expensive. Just look at the left overs in shop, sorry I didn’t keep the label. It was a 25 foot roll.

you need a really good quality flaring tool to be able to hold the line and not slip. it wont hurt to try it with your flaring tool

Hey Guys'

Whats your thoughts on either blue or Pink foam board insulation in a boat? I am turning my attention to the fish box, which is going to get a Stainless liner. under the liner I want to put 1.5" of hard foam as insulation to keep the ice and fish cosy. Most of the foam will be protected from water but there might be some splashing as the foam will be exposed to the bilge as it drains to the back. I have read that the Blue is better than the pink at not absorbing water. Anybody have any thoughts?

Pink and blue melts with poly or vinyl resins, but epoxy would work with it. I went with 1.5” Polyisocyanurate and poly resin matte and cloth for a coffin. Bit of work but should do the trick for my application of a self bailing hold/ bench seat. Even with the plywood top and lid it’s pretty light.

https://imgur.com/gallery/YFM9BsT

45 degree double flair, 37 degree is AN style not found commonly in domestic vehicle fittings

Though I would provide an Update!

I moved the trailer axles last weekend was a big job but a buddy helped me out and it went well.

Original Weight was 3850KG over the axles with a 165Lb of tongue weight. It was pretty scary towing it after I filled the boat with fuel.
Based on the etrailer.com calculation to reach 12% tongue weight the axles needed to move 27.5 inches.

This morning was sea trial time!!!!!!!!!! As you can see after all the work it still floats!

In terms of numbers.

WOT I hit 45.6MPH at a burn rate of 16GPH (I am not sure if this was combined or single but based on the Seasports data I posted on the first page of this thread it would seem to match with there combined numbers)
Cruse 30MPH burn rate 6.2GPH

Overall the boat is awesome, its out of the hole and on plane in 2 sec. at WOT throttle you can feel it starting to chine walk and shake so I won't be running WOT very often. The steering is very heavy and I will likely need to add power assist.

I will post pictures of the inside in a few days when everything is buttoned up

Absolutely lovely! Looks like a very desirable boat. Is it really feeling like chine walking with counter rotating propellers? That is interesting.

Looks like an amazing machine! Do you have to be an NBA center to get the rods out of the rocket launchers? They look like they are a ways up there

Back