How to Get Rid Of That Pink Staining On Vinyl Seats?!

When I used the FSR on the vinyl I sprayed it first with the hose so it was wet, applied the FSR and let it sit for maybe a minute or two and then rinsed it off with the hose, reapply if the stain is still there. No need to scrub with any sort of device.

The upside to the whole Bayliner experience was I learned how to paint vinyl seats o_O

Hey RC, I am currently dealing with the same issues on my lake boat. It was clean a month ago, then I took the tarps off and had just my black cover on it for a month. Sunshine was cleaning it up nicely but with the rain I had to put it back inside. Not sure how badly yours are stained but I almost cried when I first saw mine.

Hey RC, I am currently dealing with the same issues on my lake boat. It was clean a month ago, then I took the tarps off and had just my black cover on it for a month. Sunshine was cleaning it up nicely but with the rain I had to put it back inside. Not sure how badly yours are stained but I almost cried when I first saw mine.
It's just my deck chairs so nothing fixed to the boat but still a kick in the nuts. Absolutley drove me crazy on my last boat.

Negative. From what I’ve read malibu had a ****** run of vinyl in that year, when it gets hot (black cover on it during that hot spell in April) the glue between the foam and vinyl gasses out causing that. The sun has bleached it almost back to normal but it’s back in the garage right now

Looks like you may need to get it the back part of the boat recovered, that's beyond repair. Maybe there's a vinyl paint designed for freshening up discolored interior, probably a one year band aid though. Boat detailer guy said Oxyclean works good but that's a black mold spots. Years ago had white sleeper seats start going pink just used them that way until they were done.

Toilet bowl cleaner works great on discoloured hulls, I use a pesticide sprayer dump a bottle of bowl cleaner in it dilute with water and do a couple spray applications and watch the hull come back to a consistent original color especially close to the water line.

Last edited:
Back