ICBC must be dismantled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the years I've had the complete opposite experience with ICBC. I had one incident where I backed my truck out the driveway and smashed into the door of my work van parked across the street where I never parked it...well once but never again. Paid the deductible and both got fixed as my one free my fault claim and never lost my 40% safe drivers discount. Wife got hit this January in our family van, no fault of hers...they confirmed it the same day and said take it in for an estimate. There was $7500 damage so I knew t would be a write off. (2004 all wheel drive Astro van) I figured it was worth $6000 and wouldn't accept less for it. When ICBC called to finish off the claim I told the women that I was a car guy and I know what they are worth. She asked what my number was and I told her n less than $6000. She said we are close...with tax I have a check here for $6300.00 I just said...then we are done. They covered a rental for a few days and we found a low miles CR-V to replace the van with. They also paid for some massage/physio for the wife's shoulder. They have extended the massage benefits because with Covid the appointments stopped...so she will pick up where she left off once they are open again. I have a 65 Mustang and a 1981 HOnda CB 750F on collector plates which make having these toys on the road very affordable...and with full coverage. With my experiences I wouldn't sign up to get rid of ICBC.
Yes my experience is kind of the same. I’m not so sure ICBC world be any cheaper. Yes it’s unfortunate that young people have to pay do much but private would be high too as insurance is a numbers game and statistics say that the group with the most claims

Maybe some of the Alberta guys will chime in here, had a good friend move back there for work, I went back there to visit him, asked him about it he said that they can insure both his and wife’s for the price of their only vehicle they had out here.
My 03 f 350 went up last year like 300 bucks, why, I have had no accidents in 30 years one speeding ticket in 25 years. I think it wrong also the I have to insure all 4 of my trailers separately. I can only drive one at a time. It should be attached to the tow vehicle,

This is 20 years in the making. The rates should have been higher sooner and we wouldn't be in the mess now. The gov of the day also should have not been allowed to steal profits to go into general revenues. And lastly the ambulance chaser lawyers should have been kicked to the curb a lot sooner. David Eby is doing all these things now but god forbid anyone who's parents were Red or Blue change their minds about what's good for the people (sometimes).

Insurance is more expensive generally because vehicles cost more to fix. A car or truck now days is a mobile film studio, with cameras and sensors scattered throughout. Just compare what it used to cost to replace that old chrome bumper on your pick up with what it costs to replace the new one with the back up cameras and sensors. All that technology may make it safer to drive and nice to have, but man, it's sure expensive to repair/replace after an accident.

Insurance is more expensive generally because vehicles cost more to fix. A car or truck now days is a mobile film studio, with cameras and sensors scattered throughout. Just compare what it used to cost to replace that old chrome bumper on your pick up with what it costs to replace the new one with the back up cameras and sensors. All that technology may make it safer to drive and nice to have, but man, it's sure expensive to repair/replace after an accident.
This is very true. As an example a headlight on a luxury vehicle can cost up to $8k. Where there is no aftermarket OEM parts are ridiculous.

This is 20 years in the making. The rates should have been higher sooner and we wouldn't be in the mess now. The gov of the day also should have not been allowed to steal profits to go into general revenues. And lastly the ambulance chaser lawyers should have been kicked to the curb a lot sooner. David Eby is doing all these things now but god forbid anyone who's parents were Red or Blue change their minds about what's good for the people (sometimes).

Agreed. No fault publicly owned car insurance is long overdue. Manitoba and Saskatchewan have had it for many years and offer the best benefits for the lowest costs to drivers. See also: https://www.canadianunderwriter.ca/features/b-c-s-move-to-no-fault/

Still have Alberta insurance, bought a house in CR and my wife got a job teaching and were about to head back to AB to pick up my truck and boats and possessions during spring break when Covid hit so don't throw rocks at me, anyway I'm kinda scared to find out what it's going to cost. Ab per month is $105 for a 2014 Wrangler full coverage. Motorhome about $85 full coverage, I think 07 gmc 2500hd was about $80 plpd. Trailers covered under the tow vehicle.

Still have Alberta insurance, bought a house in CR and my wife got a job teaching and were about to head back to AB to pick up my truck and boats and possessions during spring break when Covid hit so don't throw rocks at me, anyway I'm kinda scared to find out what it's going to cost. Ab per month is $105 for a 2014 Wrangler full coverage. Motorhome about $85 full coverage, I think 07 gmc 2500hd was about $80 plpd. Trailers covered under the tow vehicle.
you will still pay the same. but pick one, you wont get all three

Maybe some of the Alberta guys will chime in here, had a good friend move back there for work, I went back there to visit him, asked him about it he said that they can insure both his and wife’s for the price of their only vehicle they had out here.
My 03 f 350 went up last year like 300 bucks, why, I have had no accidents in 30 years one speeding ticket in 25 years. I think it wrong also the I have to insure all 4 of my trailers separately. I can only drive one at a time. It should be attached to the tow vehicle,
My 02 F350 was the same and I have 40 years of accident free driving. My last speeding ticket was 1986. Insurance for it went up about 250 bucks. I asked why and the lady said “diesel truck parts are expensive, sir”. :rolleyes:

My 2008 GMC 3500 Duramax, pleasure use only, south Surrey, $2200.00 a year with no accidents.

My 2008 GMC 3500 Duramax, pleasure use only, south Surrey, $2200.00 a year with no accidents.
You should move to the Island. My '06 GMC 3500 Duramax, pleasure only, $1100 a year. I take the minimum 3rd party with ICBC with 3rd party top up, Collision and Comprehensive from Belair Direct. Note ... that's with the Seniors' discount...

My 02 F350 was the same and I have 40 years of accident free driving. My last speeding ticket was 1986. Insurance for it went up about 250 bucks. I asked why and the lady said “diesel truck parts are expensive, sir”. :rolleyes:

Yup they classify all diesels as "luxury" my 05 duramax insurance is 40$ a month more then my old gasser just because its a diesel

Twice in the last 20 years I was transferred to AB. In both cases my insurance with identical coverage went down by about 30%. You ICBC supporters have been drinking too much of the ICBC NDP koolaide. But what do I know I just have the receipts to prove it.

T
You should move to the Island. My '06 GMC 3500 Duramax, pleasure only, $1100 a year. I take the minimum 3rd party with ICBC with 3rd party top up, Collision and Comprehensive from Belair Direct. Note ... that's with the Seniors' discount...
Thats about what I spend too for a 2008 Chev 2500 here on the Island

well David Eby is doing a crap job......everyone’s insurance has gone up except for maybe 1%. And under that genus Eby it takes over 30 years to get the full discount....I’d fire his butt in a second. Along with the head of icbc.

And the thieves love them easy to break into and heavy and power to sham sh into things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back