Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Holy smokes has this one ever gotten people worked up! It looks to me like it coulda/shoulda been cleaned before being listed for sale, but otherwise it's still a nice little package for somebody. It checks basically all the boxes of the crowd here:
- galvanized trailer
- four-stroke kicker w/ high-thrust prop
- powerful main engine
- seaworthy hull design with closed bow and cuddy by a highly-regarded local manufacturer

The main engine is a bit of a surprise to see on there...the Yamaha VMax line has typically been targeted at the bass boat crowd. Often the VMax has a different gear ratio and different tuning for higher speeds. Regardless, the dark lower end is the way these motors were sold. The HPDI engines do need really clean fuel and there are individual filters on each fuel injector that need to be kept clean. There's heaps of info on these engines on The Hull Truth. Still, 200hp on an 18ft DE would be plenty!

You guys are mad at 14k for a low hours turn key 18'6 double eagle?? because it has a differnt bottom end and ripped seats??? Mabey you guys dont know what your looking at??. Not the deal of the century but man those boats hold there value and are few and far between. Thats a hell of alot of boat for 13-14k with kicker and riggers.... just saying find another like it in that price range.

if the stringers and transom are fine, this would still be a good boat for sport fishing.

I agree with you @PinkDink and @Aquaholic !!

Both double eagles are way overpriced. I sold my 215 campion with 2200hr 175 Suzuki for $6500 last fall, 7 year old stringers/transom. Both those boats would be swamped and that pos old campion be on the 50fathom edge trolling away. $14k should get a lot more boat in today’s market...

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/rds/bod/d/langley-new-double-eagle-185-with/7128078435.html

Brand friggin new. I’ve seen the 20’ hulls for sale at the dealer brand new for under $40k. Why would anyone spend $40k on a 28 year original wood core boat that can be purchased new for the same price. Even if you take the $20k off for power it’s still $20k for 28 year old wood core...

Their ads are very deceptive. i’ve called there a few times looking for info for my DE. shady as hell and keep asking me to come in for info. ( in on the damn island. ) they advertise a ton on CL

That may be, but I bet if I wanted to I could show up there with $40k and tow away a new boat...
Their ads are very deceptive. i’ve called there a few times looking for info for my DE. shady as hell and keep asking me to come in for info. ( in on the damn island. ) they advertise a ton on CL

Anyone know what the glass pilot house sitting next to that DE is?

Last edited:
Back