2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son and I ran over to entrance island. It’s crazy with springs over here all around 8 to 15 lbs and full of **** and vinegar. 120 ft on the rigger. Herring aid spoons c/w midnight mist flashers.
Great. Another one I have to get now.

was the water clear?

Out at South Bowen this am. Dropped gear at Seymour Bay and trolling west. Landed one legal fish off Cowan on a 5” spoon, hot another nice fish mid Bowen on 3.5 green glow spoon. Took a good run but spit the hooks. Hits at 137’ and 151’ in 300 - 400 feet of water.
Trolled out to hump and picked up a three more legal size from about 8 - 14 lbs all at 151’ on green & glow spoon. A couple undersized and a Pollock to round things out. Even the sun made an appearance!

So we had about 15 springs ,2coho and 1 under size ling to the boat. The biggest spring was in the high teens. Every fish realized with the gaff It was a good run over to entrance. So coming back up the north arm. A Lefarge tug and gravel barge was towing someone’s traps up the river. The float was dragging about a hundred feet behind the barge.

Got out today for the first time this year. Cruised over to Thrasher Rock from MacDonald Beach.
Spectacular day on the water!
Released one small one and had a great fight with a scrappy 10 lber ish. Popped into Silva Bay to see what was going on. Sadly not much as is to be expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back