All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but I don’t think it’s science, it’s morality.

Sweden knows what they are doing they are just fine with more people dying.

Science does not care if we live or die.
And the majority of their deaths were from the older end of their population

It will be two years before we really know. That said, it appears this virus mutates rapidly, throwing herd immunity out the window

I have read conflicting science about this but if what you said ends up being the case then having a vaccine won’t be a solution.

The last thing I read on the topic said yes the virus is changing rapidly but not enough to prevent immunity. The unknown seems to be how long you get immunity.

Last edited:
While BC Ferries is telling people to avoid non-essential travel, and routes operating at 50 per cent passenger capacity, the first three sailings from Tsawwassen to Duke Point were already 100 per cent full before 7:00 a.m., with other sailings well on their way to full capacity.

Too many mixed messages going on out there...... should have left all provincial parks closed etc etc until after the long weekend. What did they think would happen opening up parks etc at the same time as the long wknd.

Too many mixed messages going on out there...... should have left all provincial parks closed etc etc until after the long weekend. What did they think would happen opening up parks etc at the same time as the long wknd.
It's as if there has been a campaign to muddy the water with messages of open things up. I wonder where that came from...:rolleyes:

Whole Foods in Seattle says many of their suppliers are shut-down. Some Chinook from their spring season is available. Halibut is available but prices are down a bit. Many AK communities don't want an influx of processing plant workers coming-in from the outside. AK has a 14 day quarantine in-effect for outsiders.

I think a lot of people just look at the number of cases and make up their own risk assessment.

The message is somewhat confusing or should i say it leaves a lot up to interpretation.

You can see your friends and family but if you expand your bubble to your family dont see your friends.

You can see your family and friends but if your family and friends are not "local" then don't see them.

Its good to get outside but if you go outside don't go far. Its okay to go to a park but just don't go to a park that's busy.

Last edited:
new/changed guidelines for hunting and fishing, The requirement to only fish with members of the same household has been removed.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/...-hunting/fishing-and-hunting-covid-19-updates

Orders & Guidance for Fishing & Hunting
Fish and Hunt Local. The Provincial Health Officer continues to direct people to stay within their own community and to continue following the direction on physical distancing and other actions to stay safe.

• BC Parks and Recreation Sites and Trails BC that can accommodate physical distancing have reopened for day use only. Most campgrounds will open for overnight visitors on June 1 while group campsites will remain closed until further notice. Please consult the Recreation Sites and Trails BC and BC Parks websites.
  • Some communities have requested additional access controls in order to reduce risks, check ahead to ensure you are informed and respectful.
  • To help keep yourself safe when you do need to travel, bring a ‘Clean Trip Kit’. (hand sanitizer, gloves and toilet paper).
  • If an area is congested, be patient or change your plans.
  • For information on alternative fishing locations: https://www.gofishbc.com/Where-to-Fish.aspx.
  • Remember that the normal rules apply. You may be inspected by a Conservation Officer or Natural Resource Officer for licensing requirements, etc. #knowbeforeyougo #BCCOS.
  • Stay safe and keep protecting yourself and others.

You realize this is a 2005 paper on SARS not COVID, right?
He may have been pointing out where originally the hope that the drug Trump was fond of. To bad it doesn't work, at least for people that have covid-19.

Any way I found this to be helpful in explaining covid strains.

Scientists are closely watching SARS-CoV-2 to track mutations and see if it's developed into different strains. So, has it?

Virol J. 2005; 2: 69.
Published online 2005 Aug 22. doi: 10.1186/1743-422X-2-69
PMCID: PMC1232869
PMID: 16115318
Chloroquine is a potent inhibitor of SARS coronavirus infection and spread
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1232869/
It's an inhibitor for SARS, yes, but COVID 19 did not exist 15 years ago. Regardless of Trump's enthusiasm, chloroquine has not proven safe or effective as a treatment for COVID 19. An irresponsible French virologist, Prof. Raoult, went public on social media to promote the use of chloroquine to treat or prevent COVID-19.

The recommendation by Prof. Raoult was based on theory, on the effects of the drug on coronavirus replication in vitro and on experimental data showing SARS-CoV inhibition concluding to a hypothetical effect of hydroxychloroquine on COVID-19 without clinical proof other than a non-randomized open study of 20 patients, purported to show extraordinary results on virus washout (notwithstanding a slew of typical biases). At the same time, a pilot randomized controlled trial conducted in China in 30 non-severe patients found no effect of hydroxychloroquine, compared with current care, with most patients virus-free after a few days.

At this point in time, there is no clear indication that chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine have a favorable effect on the outcomes of COVID-19.

Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine have been used for a very long time to treat malaria and autoimmune diseases such as lupus or rheumatoid arthritis. Their adverse effects are well known and can be severe, from psychiatric effects to arrhythmia and sudden death . Promoting their use indiscriminately and without any objective evidence is unconscionable, and certainly not medically responsible.

You haven't read the document in its entirety, nor have you read or studied other information that is directly related to this study regarding covid19. Within a few weeks you will know.
You're right, ST. I didn't read it and now have. Thanks for posting it. It hasn't really convinced me of it's effectiveness against COVID-19, tho. I'm remaining open on that debate until more science comes in. Most of the responsible health practitioners & news outlets are urging caution on making any assumptions @ this time, as well:
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamanetworkopen/fullarticle/2765500
https://www.bbc.com/news/51980731
https://globalnews.ca/news/6869868/coronavirus-hydroxychloroquine-chloroquine-warning/

If you came down with the virus and were getting worse, would you ask to be given the cocktail of zinc, zpac, and hydroxychloroquine ? I would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back