Wanted 16-20 foot boat for a family of 4 up to 20k

kaelc

I have two sets of friends looking for a boat for a family of 4 for the ocean. We sea trialed a Franken boat yesterday, and with the low inventory out there it was even looking good to me but fortunately I sobered up.

Must have full top, reliable and serviced main and trailer. Cuddy would be best but a clean 16 foot 4 stroke Double Eagle or Malibu would be nice as well. No projects.

One family is in North Vancouver and the other in North Saanich.

There’s a really nice 17 double eagle someone posted yesterday on the boats on used Vic thread. $25k but worth it.

Have a look at Arima. You should be able to get something decent in that price range.

CRGreg
I second the Arima suggestion. Arima's are absolutley awesome (slightly biased of course). I have a 17 Sea Ranger and couldn't be happier. We're a family of 4 (teenager and 4 year old) and can sleep 3 of us in the cuddy and another on the deck. Our boat is used year round and has seen some nasty water, but I've never felt unsafe. They are not a true deep V hull, it's a modified deep V so while they are slightly more uncomfortable in rough water, they are substantially more stable than a true deep V otherwise. Higher gunnels are also a nice feature if there are younger kids on the boat. Keep in mind, they are not that easy to come by and are very sought after boats, easier to find in the US than here and you usually need to be ready with cash in hand, they go that fast. Mine is a soft top, the hard tops are slightly too low for my liking and I'm not a tall guy 5'9.

Arimaowners.com is a great resource.

Good luck!

Guys, while I understand you are just trying to be helpful, it is considered bad form to piggy back on someone else's thread in the buy sell section. If you want to suggest another member take a look at the same item, you can use the PM function to communicate and not cut another member's grass. Most people are pretty good about it but we do get complaints about this from time to time.

@kaelc
That 185 will sell by tomorrow so they should have a hard look at it. Those are good motors and although on the lower end of the power spectrum, 115 is sufficient. New, those motors were probably $15000 combined and they are just broken in.

Guys, while I understand you are just trying to be helpful, it is considered bad form to piggy back on someone else's thread in the buy sell section. If you want to suggest another member take a look at the same item, you can use the PM function to communicate and not cut another member's grass. Most people are pretty good about it but we do get complaints about this from time to time.

Sorry me bad, my apologies, I thought I was replying to "Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas" thread... @Admin

No problem...I know you guys weren't doing it on purpose, I just wanted to remind everyone as it has happened on a couple of occasions lately with different members too.

Thanks guys. One of my friends just pulled the trigger on 17 foot? Double Eagle from Sooke. It sounds a little sketchy so he may get burned but only up to 8.5k which isn't much for a first boat.

I forwarded the nice one with Yami's to my friend in North Vancouver but they likely won't pull the trigger, since it is over here so go for it boys! I would say 20k combined for those engines, given the prices, I have seen at SG!

Thanks guys. One of my friends just pulled the trigger on 17 foot? Double Eagle from Sooke. It sounds a little sketchy so he may get burned but only up to 8.5k which isn't much for a first boat.

I forwarded the nice one with Yami's to my friend in North Vancouver but they likely won't pull the trigger, since it is over here so go for it boys! I would say 20k combined for those engines, given the prices, I have seen at SG!
Agreed. A 9.9 & 115 is pushing 20K.

Back