Boredom Relief

You'll have to excuse me if I don't join in on all the doom and gloom that's on here lately, trying to keep things on the lighter side.

Back at work now but I did manage to get my trees skidded out of the bush, got them bucked up into lengths and all peeled. Should have plenty for my build. Hopefully get started on some of it next days off.

Got the big Skidder backed in and ready to pull.
49782553968_72a5f6d90b_z.jpg

On the skid trail.
49783416262_25e3de4db5_z.jpg

Back at the landing.
49783418602_99ebef0a06_z.jpg

The peeling stand.
49783093996_dea00bdbd4_z.jpg

The peeled product waiting for construction.
49782551573_089e59e9af_z.jpg

You'll have to excuse me if I don't join in on all the doom and gloom that's on here lately, trying to keep things on the lighter side.

Back at work now but I did manage to get my trees skidded out of the bush, got them bucked up into lengths and all peeled. Should have plenty for my build. Hopefully get started on some of it next days off.

Got the big Skidder backed in and ready to pull.
49782553968_72a5f6d90b_z.jpg

On the skid trail.
49783416262_25e3de4db5_z.jpg

Back at the landing.
49783418602_99ebef0a06_z.jpg

The peeling stand.
49783093996_dea00bdbd4_z.jpg

The peeled product waiting for construction.
49782551573_089e59e9af_z.jpg
There's a good couple hours work.

Here are a few more binge worthy shows to watch;
Bosch
Vikings
Hap and Leonard
Goliath
Tin Star

IMG_0161.JPG IMG_0161.JPG

This is what I've been working on to keep myself out of trouble. Just about finished, still sitting on blocks, but need a couple of warm days to spray a couple coats of poly on it once I move it to the garage. Was thinking of spraying it the shop but way to much tenting to protect the tools to do it there. (Learned a hard lesson a long time ago about removing over-spray, not doing that, lol).
I am very pleased with the end result but more importantly the wife just loves it.

View attachment 52093 View attachment 52093

This is what I've been working on to keep myself out of trouble. Just about finished, still sitting on blocks, but need a couple of warm days to spray a couple coats of poly on it once I move it to the garage. Was thinking of spraying it the shop but way to much tenting to protect the tools to do it there. (Learned a hard lesson a long time ago about removing over-spray, not doing that, lol).
I am very pleased with the end result but more importantly the wife just loves it.

Looks darn good statler.

Well we are doing a family day out on the quads tomorrow so the boy and I did a shake down run today. Really wet up north still and even a few patches of ice around the beaver ponds. A far cry from the 35c temperatures we had in 2016 when the fire had evacuated the whole town on May 3rd. You can see the burnt trees that pretty much cover everything you can see close to town. It looks worse until Spring really hits and hides most of it. Out with the old and in with the new. Lots of moose and bear sign during the ride so that’s good to see. Anyways....a little social distancing for me and my son today. First time riding by himself all day...so he was most impressed with himself...lol.

Attachments

• 16B9D999-624B-4497-A555-617AC535EEDA.jpeg
    16B9D999-624B-4497-A555-617AC535EEDA.jpeg
    625 KB · Views: 84
I hope the fire season is easy on you this year. Been poor snow on the coast here - likely a hot and dry summer...

Latest laugher found on EBay $63.27 for an old Swimmertail!

VINTAGE Ross Swimmer Tail Salmon Fishing Trolling Lure Rare

Condition: New

Price: GBP 36.43 Approximately C $63.27

Shipping:
GBP 11.74 (approx. C $20.39) Economy Shipping | See details
International shipment of items may be subject to customs processing and additional charges. See exclusions

Delivery:
Estimated delivery within 15-24 business days
Seller ships within 5 days

swimmertail.jpg

Snow! What part of the province is that, Walleyes?

Cold Lake country. It’s all gone now but man the cold hung around a long time this year, our spring is delayed by at least 3 weeks this year.

So far it doesn’t look to bad for a fire season, quite a bit of moister in the forecast so should get things greened up, but that can change fast as well.

I hope the fire season is easy on you this year. Been poor snow on the coast here - likely a hot and dry summer...
No fires so far but the downtown core flooded/evacuated last night when the Rivers broke...not good o_O

Last edited:
Hands up if you've pressure washed your pressure washer in recent weeks?
I have boat projects to get to, but the garage has new appliances waiting for the kitchen reno and the outside is a danger zone with a new roof going on starting Tuesday. I need to rent a shop for about a month where I can grind and make dust and refinish without pollen and bugs and wives and dogs. Is that a thing?

Starting learning to hand loading rounds for my .308 Win. After much trail and error, I came up with a good hunting round that groups well. 180 nosler ballistic tip, lapau brass, 210M primer, Varget. 2585 ft/sec. Grouped well in pic below and a 1.75” group at 300. Now to tweak it to get a better group at 300. A5E78D1B-C9A8-4FEE-9FDA-3529A4CD33E2.png

Back