ARMY & NAVY closing permanently

I find their (PNT) sales are usually boat show time, not a lot during the rest of the year.
I’m not sure about covid times but normally it’s a going concern year round. Great shop for commercial and sporty gear. Parking is the only downside IMHO.

edit. Sales-like discounts? Perhaps you are correct...

Some time in the 60's my brother and I scrimped and saved and put together $7.50 and when our family went on our annual trip to Vancouver's A&N, our Dad paid the other half and we bought ourselves new Mitchell 300 reels for $15. Great deals on all kinds of fishing equipment. Definitely a thrill to shop there as a kid. Packages of bait hooks for pennies a pack. Fond memories.

My dad took me there when I was just a little guy. I asked where we were going and he said the "Army and Navy" I didnt say a word for the rest of the trip because I thought he was going to join up again.

I remember when Ted Peck worked there. Pretty interesting guy

Surprised they didn’t do one big online sale to get rid of product. I guess able auctions will be having a sale soon

Ya it sucks they done. I’m only 10 min away from the Langley store. So it was nice to be able run over and get licenses and tags. And pick up some new shiny flashers or spoons . stuff I really didn’t need. You could see army and navy where having a tough time the last couple of years The stock on the shelves where getting pretty bare. The only descent shop out this way now , is Fred’s tackle in Abbotsford

remember when it was fine to sell ammunition to anyone? Army and Navy had a big barrel on the floor in New West- surplus .303 by the pound. Surplus Lee Enfield's for what $20 or was it 10$. Cant remember, but dad bought one, and as he had been in the war he knew what to look for.

So sad theyre going...been shopping there for 50 years the new west store selection has declined in the last while with alot of offshore crap but still a great place for fishing hunting and camping enthusiasts. We will miss them guess ill be going to searun a whole lot more...

I still remember my dad taking me and my brother there in the 80s to stock up on fishing gear.

Good memories.

I remember that fondly as well! walking down those stairs and just seeing the floor flooded with rods and gear everywhere and the discount bins! really sad day

I bought FFFF black powder from them when I was into making my own firecrackers in grade 5!
Confidence and cash went a long way back in the day!

I bought FFFF black powder from them when I was into making my own firecrackers in grade 5!

WOW, you must have been a blast to hang around with! :cool:

Will miss checking out all the gear at A&N.
Usually stopped in to stock up on extra gear before heading out on big fishing trips

Back