All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I’ve been hearing I don’t think that will be an issue. My supervisor lives in Calgary but he and his wife have a condo in Kelowna. Last weekend they went out to the condo and on his return he was quite surprised at the attitude by people in the area. He said it’s nothing like in Calgary, it’s like people don’t have a clue as to what’s going on. No social distancing in the markets, people walking down the streets like nothing is going on. He and his wife felt quite uncomfortable with the way things were being done. If there is a concern it should be with the way the local people are conducting themselves. I’m sure this doesn’t include all areas in the province or in any of our provinces.
This is not my experience during our rare excursions out of our neighbourhood. I don't know where his condo is, but if it's downtown and they did their walking there, the majority of people they would meet would be other tourists and the homeless. I'm not looking for an argument, but if I still owned my house in Calgary while I lived here (which we did for 3 years), I'd wait to check on it or go for a visit.
Our kitchen reno, which was planned pre-covid is going on now. Basically one trades person in the house at a time, and us available to answer questions, but we are usually in the yard steering clear. The downstairs washroom is theirs and it gets sanitized at night. Wife is happy, workers are making money.

Yes same in our town, people are very courteous and following the rules. People are going about their business but doing so following the rules and then some.
That kind of leads to my earlier point. If folks in Calgary or anywhere else are following all the rules and they go somewhere that isn’t and return, they risk all the folks back home. Same as people visiting from elsewhere risk the folks where they visit. It’s a small world.

Why does a crisis like the COVID-19 pandemic give rise to conspiracy theories?
https://www.cbc.ca/radio/whitecoat/...ic-give-rise-to-conspiracy-theories-1.5546657

Why do these articles always say it's highly unlikely to be an accidental release from a research laboratory? None of the evidence clearly differentiates an animal origin virus that was being studied in a laboratory that was accidentally released vs one that naturally made the jump to humans. All the evidence for the latter comes from the Chinese government, which you must acknowledge has a vested interest in pushing that narrative. No conspiracy theories here, just remain critical of the evidence the media is presenting.

Ask the Chinese government of its involved in human rights abuses, such as millions in "re-education" camps, what kind of answer will you get? Yet, we're to take them at their word when it comes to the coronavirus? Seems a bit silly no?

Gas prices seemed to have jumped 20c over night must be all the drivers back out and about.

Just because it appears unlikely that China somehow manufactured this virus in a lab - does not absolve China of all critiques, RyanB. They - like several Nations - downplayed the extent and seriousness of this virus until they couldn't anymore. Then they had to go into severe lock down in Wuhan province to deal w the outbreak. I think Canada and other Nations were slow in responding to the risks that International travel posed - but were lucky enough to have enough lead time to learn from both China and Italy in responding once it arrived here.

EXSVIFbUwAAEs_E

EXSaiZtU0AEKQkP

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/brit...-update-what-you-need-to-know-may-5-1.5555366

Jesus Christ AG. Stop with the world is coming to an end crap. This is nothing close to what was predicted. Just admit it. Not saying not serious but come on. Stop with the fear tactics. Cause u can say it’s not but it really is. Scaring people into conforming despite numbers not agreeing.

Jesus Christ AG. Stop with the world is coming to an end crap. This is nothing close to what was predicted. Just admit it. Not saying not serious but come on. Stop with the fear tactics. Cause u can say it’s not but it really is. Scaring people into conforming despite numbers not agreeing.

Not trying to argue but people doing a somewhat decent job of conforming in our province is showing positive results.

We should be aware of the potential "second wave". The reports have merit for what we should be aware of.

I think the world should be more prepared as we have seen what happened in the land of The Donald.and his many flubs.

Thing is. US is even over the back side of their curve. Their case load is insane. But they’re on the backside too.

if anyone thinks 2nd wave is coming in July and August you literally have no researched viruses. It literally boggles my mind the crap some people spew to frighten people into conformation. Trudeau is also enjoying the pandemic (k. Let me clarify. politically he is. Sure he doesn’t want to see Canadian deaths)

Don’t suppose it’s occurred to you that the main reason that our results are so good is BECAUSE a hell of a lot of people are following Dr Henry’s advice?

Yeah but not enough people have been exposed to the virus.

Meaning the threat of it turning into wild fire is always their unless you could eradicate it.

Easing up restrictions means you will get more
Cases and boom second wave. Now if there is seasonality to it the. We’re probably good for the summer. Who knows

It’s probably in your beast Interest to have people conform now if you want a summer season.

Don’t suppose it’s occurred to you that the main reason that our results are so good is BECAUSE a hell of a lot of people are following Dr Henry’s advice?

Of course. But I’ve been up and down island and can tell you there’s still lots and lots of traffic around towns. To say it’s only because some ppl are socially distancing is completely false. Weathers warming. It can’t transmit as well either going forward. Stop with the scare tactics. Headline on CTV van island is 4 more deaths. Yet everyday there are more than 30 cases headlines is cases. 8 cases. Not mentioned.
Ontario has way more cases (although look at actual community numbers not old folks homes and they’re doing well too) even on per capita. This fear to do what people say bs needs to stop. Look at the actual data compared to what government tells you

Last edited:
If they said tomorrow that you can visit with family members that don’t live in your household I can guarantee you that there will be thousands of people heading back and forth to the island the next day.

Of course. But I’ve been up and down island and can tell you there’s still lots and lots of traffic around towns. To say it’s only because some ppl are socially distancing is completely false. Weathers warming. It can’t transmit as well either going forward. Stop with the scare tactics. Headline on CTV van island is 4 more deaths. Yet everyday there are more than 30 cases headlines is cases. 8 cases. Not mentioned.

I am confused about what you want. It seems to me we are going to do a planned slow opening. What is wrong with that? The measures put in place clearly have worked. Is there a deadline for opening that you are looking for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back