All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yikes, ya seems like now the first lodge has cancelled 2020 others will follow...

Sonora also did (although more of a relax than fishing lodge) and couple in Charlottes announced postponed till mid June instead of starting mid May. (Same with one Nootka lodge)

Sonora also did (although more of a relax than fishing lodge) and couple in Charlottes announced postponed till mid June instead of starting mid May. (Same with one Nootka lodge)

Brandt just wants the whole place to himself! I know moutcha bay is saying June 25, others I'm sure will be nex . No point staffing up to lose even more money.

Brandt just wants the whole place to himself! I know moutcha bay is saying June 25, others I'm sure will be nex . No point staffing up to lose even more money.
I think you are probably right.

Very sad

Province needs to change there orders for anything to really happen.

Fish local and fish with only people in your house holds are hard to overcome at the moment.

I think it’s debatable if thrasher rock is “local” to people in Vancouver
Not sure that's applicable is they don't get off their boat

I think you are probably right.

Very sad

Even Dent is saying open june 15, and the GMs are out of the States so it's going to be a challenge to run even as a hotel / marina with limited dining.

If they don't open that's a big gap in the inside run up the Straits.

Costco requires shoppers to wear a mask. The US stores have posted this will in effect starting this Monday.
Appears Costco in Canada may now be following this as well, although I haven’t found anything posted on their website

https://www.reddit.com/r/Coronaviru...o_to_require_all_shoppers_to_wear_face_masks/
My neighbor was at the Burnaby location today and they are going to follow the same protocol as of Monday here in Canada. Face cover is what they want, doesn’t have to be a surgical mask.

This is still in effect, so I’d imagine it will have to change if anyone is going to operate.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/...fishing-and-hunting-covid-19-updates#closures

Guidelines & Regulations

You are expected to follow all the orders and guidance provided by the Provincial Health Officer (PHO). The PHO has asked British Columbians to halt all travel within the province that is not essential, especially to smaller communities.

• This includes trips to vacation homes, fishing lodges, and rural properties
  • Smaller communities have fewer resources and may not be able to support a sick visitor

Tourism is toast this year, businesses like charters, whale watching, adventure tours or anything that involves being in close quarters with other people, sharing equipment, gear etc. Even if they do open the border people have to have confidence in traveling and staying in places where others have been recently. Don't see it happening this year

After seeing on here 100 pages, every second of TV, Radio and life COVID 19, I have still not met, seen or even met ANYBODY who actually knows anybody with this "flu". On the other hand I know tons of people who's lively hood, financial state and future have been impacted and not in a good way. Trudope is in his glory handing out our grandchildren's taxes. One could argue that what has and is being done is CRAZYER than COVID after all the data saying many have had and did not know they had.

Still dreaming that my flights are a go end June????

HM

I understand what you’re saying and where your coming from but I do have a friend that had it. 37 years old, the worlds worst diabetic he doesn’t take it seriously but it turned into double lung pneumonia and he spent a few weeks on oxygen, he’s back on the mend now.

Saturday update.

Joe's Salmon Lodge
1 hr ·

The 2020 season has been officially postponed until 2021. This will be the first season in 33 years Doug will not be in Hakai Pass fishing and hosting all the great guests of Joe's.

The governments on both sides of the border have placed restrictions on social distancing that just make it impossible to be able to fish. You wouldn't even be able to fish two in a boat, let alone fly to Bella Bella as a group, also the water taxi would not be able to handle us also. When we are at the lodge, another obstacle we could never overcome. With the new rules, ALL guests who are not residents of BC would have to self quarantine for 14 days!!! The Canadian Government just imposed that they will not be offering non resident licences.

Everyone's health and safety is our top priority at Joe's and even so more now.

All the customers that have put a deposit down or if you have paid your trip in full, please contact Doug at 604-819-8853 or by email doug@joessalmonlodge.com over the next few month or so to co-ordinate your date for the 2021 season.

For those that have paid in full, Joe's will be giving you interest on your money, plus an additional date of your choice for 2022.
If you had a date reserved for 2020 but we did not receive your deposit. You do NOT have a date reserved for 2021. You will have to contact Doug to solidify a new date for 2021.

We are going to miss you as much as you are going to miss fishing.
Knowing everyone understands as we all stand together on conquering this pandemic situation that is disrupting everyone's life.
See everyone in 2021.
Tight lines to all.

How about refunding ????

Please be responsible if you can't resist the call of the water during COVID-19: Boating BC

RICHMOND (NEWS 1130) — Recreational boaters across the province are being advised to make sure they’re following public safety orders.

The executive director of the Boating BC Association is also asking them to stay local and make sure they don’t run out of fuel on the water.

Bruce Hayne says most people are behaving responsibly, but some have been running into trouble after venturing out too far.

“Probably because there are fewer boats on the water, that if somebody runs into engine problems, they can’t just wave down the next boater that comes along to give them a tow and they end up having to call the Coast Guard and that takes precious resources away from some of the other activities they need to be doing.”

Last week, the Canadian Coast Guard sent out a letter asking all mariners to stay close to home and avoid any non-essential trips because search and rescue calls are higher now than they were this time last year.

Hayne says that message has been shared with all Boating BC members, but he admits some mariners are not following restrictions and he’s heard about American boaters venturing into Canadian waters despite borders being closed.

“It’s certainly frustrating. And it’s equally frustrating if you see on the long weekend, several boats rafting up together, in other words, tying off together and floating around. There will always be people that don’t respect the guidelines and don’t respect the edicts from the provincial and federal government,” he says.

Hayne adds boating with your immediate family is a good way to self-isolate, but he understands why the Coast Guard wants everyone to stay close to home.

“There are so many mixed messages because the provincial government really does want to get the boat launches open and the day-use areas in provincial parks open. It’s just striking that balance and hopefully, we’ll be able to salvage some of the boating season over the summer months.”

He expects similar problems to be encountered when campgrounds are allowed to open up.

'I can't get up without losing my breath': Ex-Habs tough guy Laraque on COVID-19

A couple of weeks ago, former Montreal Canadiens tough guy Georges Laraque was running five or six days a week as he trained for a marathon.

Now, the former NHL enforcer's biggest challenge is trying to breathe clearly as he fights COVID-19 from a hospital on Montreal's South Shore.

"Now I can't even get up without losing my breath. It's insane," he said.
https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/georges-laraque-coronavirus-pneumonia-1.5553967

I read it to mean refunds aren't happening, they're carrying the deposit over to next year. I'm not even certain that's legal...
Depends on their cancellation policy. Obviously they would like to get people to rebook instead of straight up cancelling. I also know some lodges and private operators that live off their deposits in the off season and by the time the season comes along the money is spent. Not how I operate and have offered any of my cancellations a full refund if we are unable to operate or they are unable to travel. Sucks but its just good business.

Where guests should be worried if they rebook the following year and the operator goes belly up between now and then Visa or Mastercard won't back you after so long I think it's around 120 days. Hope everyone is okay but yes if you live off your deposits it's playing with fire as you never know what can come up in business preventing a one from operating. We only took credit cards for reservations and would only charge 30 days out max.

Last edited:
Where guests should be worried if they rebook the following year and the operator goes belly up between now and then Visa or Mastercard won't back you after so long I think it's around 120 days. Hope everyone is okay but yes if you live off your deposits it's playing with fire as you never know what can come up in business preventing a one from operating. We only took credit cards for reservations and would only charge 30 days out max.
I charged out 60 days instead

How is this article even remotely helpful at a time like this? Makes perfect sense, the whole world is in on this hoax. Even countries like Russia who are run by dictators are not immune. Yet it’s somehow all a hoax? A power grab by the health professionals of the world for sure. It’s either big pharma or the big naturopath and the anti- vaxxer movement for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back