my next (last) project boat

Raise that roof and fill in the step with fuel tanks. You could almost triple your fuel capacity :p:cool:.

Getting the bug again... Come September this thing is getting a complete overhaul. Going to cut the floor out and raise it a couple inches to make it self bailing, floor will be level all the way to the cuddy with no step down, new cabin and windows and new interior layout

Getting the bug again... Come September this thing is getting a complete overhaul. Going to cut the floor out and raise it a couple inches to make it self bailing, floor will be level all the way to the cuddy with no step down, new cabin and windows and new interior layout
These appear to be worthwhile endeavours

I think you will really like the level floor through out. It’s one of the things that I wanted in my boat and that’s how he builds them. It makes it feel so much bigger. I know some people don’t care about the step down but I find it confining and not a fan. The other big advantage is something I’ve seen discussed in the forum before is visibility. Trying to look over a hard top or peak below one doesn’t sound fun. With the level floor you will have a straight shot out the front and you will really like it. Just my opinion...lol

Does anyone have any CAD abilities that can do some mock-ups of a 26 and what it would look like??? :) Minus the command bridge LOL

how high does the floor need to be, from original position, to make it self-bailing?

Last edited:
For him it depends on what time of day......In the morning visibility is a 10.....goes downhill from there :p:p sorry Gary I had too lol

Toooo funny, sorry to open that can of wiggles

Quick Q. Hey do you have much of an issue seeing out the windows or do you find yourself crouched over while steering to see out? How would you rank the visibility 1 - 10, 1 = poor visibility
Visibility is great either from sitting at the helm or standing in the center, step down.
I highly recommend a diesel heater with vents on the front dash for the front windows thought, that's on my list of Reno's for this winter too

Back