Cracked flywheel magnet

lazylump

I’ve got a 1997 25 hp Mercury 2 stroke with no spark. I’ve pulled the flywheel and one of the magnets had come loose and has broken into 2 pieces. Do I need a new flywheel or has anyone had luck glueing the magnets back? Assuming I could even find a used magnet. Thanks.

Get recycled parts from a used outboard recycling store. Depending on where you live, there should be a few around. I am always seeing their ads on Craigslist. For sure put an ad on here.

Get recycled parts from a used outboard recycling store. Depending on where you live, there should be a few around. I am always seeing their ads on Craigslist. For sure put an ad on here.
Thanks. Gabriola, so none here, but maybe I’ll have luck online.

I have a 2012 Merc 50 and thought the engine was seized.... mechanic reefed on it and became obvious that a magnet had dropped out and jammed between flywheel and stator..... shattered into pieces. For some motors there are magnet kits (epoxy and magnet) that can be ordered. Not in my case... only option mercury guy gave me was a $500 whole flywheel replacement from Wisconsin. I got a magnet of a somewhat similar size and shape from a recycler and epoxied it in. Added some extra epoxy to compensate for slightly smaller size. Motor runs fine... perhaps a slight increase in vibration at low rpm. Probably put 40 hours on it like that. Still, I would like a to replace the flywheel if I could find one used

Back