Herring Aid Hoochie!

Dogbreath

Well Herring Aid is the new black/most popular spoon colour and I see Tomic now has a Herring Aid colour plug.

Just by chance I bought some 'Sardine' colour hoochies from Cabelas-cheapo product nothing like Yamashita quality but the price was right and free delivery-here it is next to a NK and a Silver Horde Herring Aid.

EDIT-I did put a Mylar insert in the hoochie.

IMGP0219.jpg

this isn’t a new hootchie. P-Line makes them in their sunrise squid line and they work pretty good. you’re right the quality of the hootchie is not really there and you have to cut a hole in the top to run your line thru. also put a mylar insert in them.

I thought PNT and/or gibbs-delta were coming out with a hootchie actually named herring aide in either the north pacific or yamashita line?

Can anyone in the know advise?

If it could be north pacific cuttlefish style with a UV belly and glow eyes, I would buy up a bunch to run when they are feeding on medium-bigger herring.

They already exist and have existed for years in commercial form. PNT has some very close to the spoon. The difference is that the spoon has UV and Glow.

I thought PNT and/or gibbs-delta were coming out with a hootchie actually named herring aide in either the north pacific or yamashita line?

Can anyone in the know advise?

If it could be north pacific cuttlefish style with a UV belly and glow eyes, I would buy up a bunch to run when they are feeding on medium-bigger herring.

Gibbs has Herring Aide hootchies in the 8 inch halibut size which look good, a couple friends were given lots to try/test. Not sure if they are available to purchase yet. Don't know about regular salmon hootchie availability.

...Rob

One of these things ain't like the other...ok guys given the choice where you can only fish one of those rigs which one are you gonna grab? Numbered from top to bottom, 1 to 3? I'm going 3 all day long...

One of these things ain't like the other...ok guys given the choice where you can only fish one of those rigs which one are you gonna grab? Numbered from top to bottom, 1 to 3? I'm going 3 all day long...

I’m going 2 all day long. I fish hootchies more than anything. i actually detest using bait ( although i know it works.) has Andrew P come up with a herring herring aide spoon does anyone know

I'm a hoochie guy a ton as well, as well as bait. But there's something about that 3rd spoon that is awesome...

Back