All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
...But lets still remember perspective, an est 9 million people died annually from starvation and lack of nutrition related issues before Covid. ...
Speaking of putting things into perspective - maybe watch this video:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Derek Sloan ignores calls to apologize for attack on Canada's top doctor
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/tam-sloan-china-caucus-apology-ontario-1.5550103
Sweden records deadliest week of century after resisting lockdowns
https://nypost.com/2020/04/28/sweden-records-deadliest-week-of-century-after-resisting-lockdowns/

Watched the video, no doubt comparing historical deaths compared to a new killer Virus will make the deaths look bad and using the worse hit area to dramatize your point helps. My comparison was worlds starvation deaths to current Covid deaths. If raisins represented starvation you would need a wheelbarrow for comparison. Would give same effect for starvation or any of the planets big killers that mankind ignores annually.

I do not want to down play Covid, I am in no way saying that this is not really bad stuff, it is for old, sick or unlucky. I do not think its the end of mankind disease some would have us believe, and I am not sure spending almost half of next years Canadian GDP is our saving answer. We will know this time next year. My prediction, Covid will be mostly forgotten but the paying back will still be taking from our wallets.

HM

Premier Horgan explaining why we are not opening a lockdown that never was:
At 2:00

Premier Horgan explaining why we are not opening a lockdown that never was:
At 2:00

Yes most company’s that are not open voluntary shut down or shut down because they had no business.

I know of a few company’s that took the approach we will work until they shut us down and they were never shut down.

Watched the video, no doubt comparing historical deaths compared to a new killer Virus will make the deaths look bad and using the worse hit area to dramatize your point helps. My comparison was worlds starvation deaths to current Covid deaths. If raisins represented starvation you would need a wheelbarrow for comparison. Would give same effect for starvation or any of the planets big killers that mankind ignores annually.

I do not want to down play Covid, I am in no way saying that this is not really bad stuff, it is for old, sick or unlucky. I do not think its the end of mankind disease some would have us believe, and I am not sure spending almost half of next years Canadian GDP is our saving answer. We will know this time next year. My prediction, Covid will be mostly forgotten but the paying back will still be taking from our wallets.

HM

Rational and logical take. I'm with you.

If only there was the political will and some kind of organization of countries that would dedicated themselves to work on the problem and help those that lack resources. I know it's just a dream but it sure would be great now that I have so many of my friends that are so concerned with the welfare of those less fortunate. Yes I can only dream that we could unite the nations of the world for the common good.

Dashboard%20-0430.PNG

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/a6f23959a8b14bfa989e3cda29297ded

Daily Surveillance report
http://www.bccdc.ca/Health-Info-Site/Documents/BC_Surveillance_Summary_April_30_2020_final.pdf

If only there was the political will and some kind of organization of countries that would dedicated themselves to work on the problem and help those that lack resources. I know it's just a dream but it sure would be great now that I have so many of my friends that are so concerned with the welfare of those less fortunate. Yes I can only dream that we could unite the nations of the world for the common good.

Yeah lost hope when I read some of this, but the conspiracy theorists are a small population really.

We need to listen to what the medical and science community is saying not Fox News etc.

Thanks for the rational explanation, HM. I understand and accept your point about starvation. It is a valid one.

However, starvation is linked to poverty - which is linked to the unequal distribution of resources exasperated & maintained by the (many times failed) economic theory called capitalism.or maybe I should say by the shortsightedness, greed and corruption @ the heart of it.

I don't know of any health experts claiming COVID is the end of the Earth; nor do I think that this induced crises or a lowering of GDP will be the end of mankind, neither - to put things into perspective. This COVID thing is the start of a bigger change, IMHO.

I hope you and yours stay healthy and safe through this peak and any others to follow. I very much mean this - and the same for everyone reading this.

Last edited:
As long as you realize that to most of the world you are a Multi MILLIONAIRE and you and your friends would be expected to "pay up" so all could be equal.

Just saying. I have been to 50 countries and very few equal Canada. Your above plan would be an awesome idea for mankind but costly to Canadians who have it all and are in the 1% s of the world, our problem is most do not fully comprehend what we have. It would be great if mankind helped all equal, but as you say its a dream shared by many of us.

HM

Thanks for the rational explanation, HM. I understand and accept your point about starvation. It is a valid one.

However, starvation is linked to poverty - which is linked to the unequal distribution of resources exasperated & maintained by the (many times failed) economic theory called capitalism.or maybe I should say by the shortsightedness, greed and corruption @ the heart of it.

I don't know of any health experts claiming COVID is the end of the Earth; nor do I think that this induced crises or a lowering of GDP will be the end of mankind, neither - to put things into perspective. This COVID thing is the start of a bigger change, IMHO.

I hope you and yours stay healthy and safe through this peak and any others to follow.
Starvation is a direct result of the "haves" not looking after the have nots. A COA like GLG states above would be nice. Agree all the words you state. Not sure about health experts, recently I have lost faith in many health experts, I think hypothesis may be a better word for most. This will most certainly not be end of mankind, it may be the start of many more becoming "poor" in Canada and starving in the world.

Confident I will be safe from Covid, male, youngish(?) and healthy, stats, data and those scientists state I am lowest risk and will recover when I contract it.

HM

Starvation is a direct result of the "haves" not looking after the have nots. A COA like GLG states above would be nice. Agree all the words you state. Not sure about health experts, recently I have lost faith in many health experts, I think hypothesis may be a better word for most. This will most certainly not be end of mankind, it may be the start of many more becoming "poor" in Canada and starving in the world.

Confident I will be safe from Covid, male, youngish(?) and healthy, stats, data and those scientists state I am lowest risk and will recover when I contract it.

HM

The scientists also say you young guys carry and spread. Read the science. If everyone thinks for themselves we lose with this thing. Look beyond just you.

The metrics being measured are fairly clear around the world to how deadly this virus is. Be thankful you live here. It could be worse.

Last edited:
The scientist also say you young guys carry and spread. Read the science.
Confused at your definition of "young". I feel fit and young but in reality could be older or the same age group as you, I actually wrote "youngish?". I could not find any "science" that states my age or any specific age by years that spreads the disease any faster or slower than someone slightly older or younger. As you don't even know my age not sure how you came to your conclusion or hypothesis?

I have read that any reasonably healthy person at many ranges of age can be a carrier and spread Covid without showing symptoms. That's a whole shitload of people and could include me, possible/maybe you and many others in the world.

HM

Confused at your definition of "young". I feel fit and young but in reality could be older or the same age group as you, I actually wrote "youngish?". I could not find any "science" that states my age or any specific age by years that spreads the disease any faster or slower than someone slightly older or younger. As you don't even know my age not sure how you came to your conclusion or hypothesis?

I have read that any reasonably healthy person at many ranges of age can be a carrier and spread Covid without showing symptoms. That's a whole shitload of people and could include me, possible/maybe you and many others in the world.

HM

So? Has to be everyone we protect not just you. So we agree to disagree on that. I don't want us all to make money just kill people that isn't cool. BTW I am GENX, so my generation is lower risk.

Only difference is I value the older generations 50+ in this country, and our medical professionals/scientists. That is where we obviously don't see eye to eye on this.

Last edited:
The scientists also say you young guys carry and spread. Read the science. If everyone thinks for themselves we lose with this thing. Look beyond just you.

The metrics being measured are fairly clear around the world to how deadly this virus is. Be thankful you live here. It could be worse.

if you quarantine/ isolate only the vulnerable then the young people carrying n spreading would not be an issue and economy won’t be as hurt.

also death rate is vastly inflated. Many more have covid than just the ones that have been found via test (ie young healthy people)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back