All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
think about in 3-4 years. How the **** is anyone ever paying this back ?!?! HIGH as balls taxes is the only way. I’m for helping small businesses but you can’t burden the future to the Point there’s no coming back (do not even try n say print more money...dumbest thing anyone could say)
I think the reality is that it will never be fully paid back. Since almost all countries are in this debt boat, why bother? How will the US pay off completely its new debt in the TRILLIONS any time soon? Not practically possible. FULL debt repayment is a non issue. Many countries have existed decades without paying off their debts. As long as you pay down a bit, avoid total default, and give the impression that they can continue paying it down, then on it goes.

Why - the bottom line is that the world's countries are too big to fail. Why - because the alternative is too terrible for anyone to sanely want to take place. Not saying that most countries won't face serious economic hardships ahead - I think we will, but we will never have to completely pay off this debt - that is a red herring that applies to only personal finances. Yes some countries may go into default, but not all. We will see debt restructuring and debt forgiveness take place because it will have to and be in the economic interest of all to make it so.

Lastly, don't get me wrong, I believe in good and responsible fiscal management by our govt's and we need to hold them accountable for their spending of our tax dollars. Govt's should avoid debt and pay down debt as much as possible/when possible. Too early to say right now if our govt. is spending too much or in the wrong way. I am thankful that most govt's are willing to provide financial help to the millions out of work and needing money to live. Whether is what is spent too little/too much and on the right things history will tell us. However, I don't think we need to worry about paying off all our debt completely as it most likely will never happen, or need to for that matter in IMHO.

Some interesting articles on national debt:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/france...-about-government-debt-is-wrong/#7e114c5b314f
https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsa...debt-crisis-seems-to-have-come-out-of-nowhere
https://www.thestreet.com/personal-...-t-need-to-pay-off-the-national-debt-13534437

Can you confirm they were issuing tickets for social distancing? not normal violations? I see NO federal rules talking about fishing with family members only. Yes yes I know the BC province has those rules but the ocean is federal jurisdiction./

As far as I know (and I work in government) no restrictions on fishing with someone else outside your family exists yet.
Cant confirm if any tickets were issued . RCMP with Bylaw officers checking peoples addresses and turning them away from launching if they didn't live together . :(

April 27 charts
EWpJiK-UcAAEUf7

EWpKclaU0AAvEUX

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/april-27-update-covid-19-bc-1.5546923

In First Nations culture elders are very big deal. Very different in our culture, so not surprised. Yes it sucks for anyone in tourism up there.

BC is looking great. Calgary,,,,, not so much. The meat plant is responsible for 1 in 4 Alberta cases now.

I dont know how you can make the meat plant not a vector for Covid. Most the workers have to car pool with mini Van's packed full & also the homes are packed full... You can put barriers in place at work, but once workers walk out the door it becomes their responsibility to stay safe.

I am not blaming the workers, & no doubt the plant has room for improvement. I'm just pointing out where situations like this are going to continue to become hot spots...

Are any of you working in a power plant setting? Just curious what your protocols have been involving shift relief, control room etc.. I have just come back to work and what is happening here does not seem right. We just had a meeting with 10 guys in a board room and most guys were sitting pretty close together, this meeting was non essential. We have a lunch room combined with our control room and people are supposed to stagger breaks and are not. I feel like I am being told to follow all these protocols and isolate blah blah but it all seems pointless if my work is gonna expose me anyway. Just curious.

Are any of you working in a power plant setting? Just curious what your protocols have been involving shift relief, control room etc.. I have just come back to work and what is happening here does not seem right. We just had a meeting with 10 guys in a board room and most guys were sitting pretty close together, this meeting was non essential. We have a lunch room combined with our control room and people are supposed to stagger breaks and are not. I feel like I am being told to follow all these protocols and isolate blah blah but it all seems pointless if my work is gonna expose me anyway. Just curious.
Same is going on with my company but worse...... contact your union rep

The message seems to be shifting from let’s stomp this virus out, to learn to live with the virus.

If you business is closed bonni Henry is now saying send her a plan to open and your measures and they will review it.

This new day new goal posts is going to upset some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back