Daiwa Drag Washer

Islander11

I have an older M1 Daiwa mooching reel that needs new drag washers. Does anyone know a place online or in Victoria that sells them?

Thanks

I think Mikes reel repair gets all the drag stuff from smooth drag.

I tried ordering a bunch of stuff through him before. It was a debacle, ended up getting parts that where incorrect and had to deal with smooth drag directly to exchange and get the correct parts.

Try these

Attachments

• M-ONE.pdf
    36.2 KB · Views: 51
  • M-ONEPLUS.pdf
    282.6 KB · Views: 23
Give this website a try.. They sell a small sheet of the carbon material in the thickness
(measure your drag washers first) that you would need. The small sheet is able to do about
6-7 reels if they are the smaller drag washers. Easily cuts with a pair of scissors and drill for
the center holes. Great product and great service.

https://downriggershop.com/collections/all-products/products/carbontex-drag-washers

Maybe contact Highwater Tackle in North Van. Think there is some warranty/recall thing on the drags. Highwater replaced mine for free in the store when I took my reel there.

Did you get the new drag washers for your Diawa reel ??? If not I can get you a set. I still some of the carbon left after doing my reels.
drop me a line off of the forum and I'll make some up for you.

ttys

John I

I have an older M1 Daiwa mooching reel that needs new drag washers. Does anyone know a place online or in Victoria that sells them?

Thanks

Diawa has free carbon drags for the older m1reels
High water tackle did them for me for free

I am also interested in upgrading my washers on my Daiwa M-one reels but a couple of questions. Are they easy to do? Does any one know if they are 0.5mm or 1mm? I would just order the carbontex and do them myself if not too hard. Thanks in advance for the advice!!

They’re identical to the stock plastic washers in size and number. Undo drag knob, remove spool, small screwdriver to remove snap ring, then the drag washers all pop out as a stack. Install the greased carbon washers and enjoy. No more creep and smooth drags from now on

why pay for them if daiwa will supply for free?

Easy fix..... What I did on my Daiwa and Mitchell reels. Remove the drag knob. remove small wire clip. remove drag and metal washers.
REMEMBER the order that they were installed. Lay them out in a row so you don't loose track of their position in the reel.
Use the drag washers as a template to mark out the new washers. I put masking tape on the carbon sheet and traced around the
template with a fine pen. Cut them out with a pair of scissors and use a drill to cut the center. Stack them together in a sandwich and lightly
sand them to match the original washers size. I then take the metal washers and polish them with fine emery cloth. Clean everything well and
LIGHTLY grease the new carbon washers and then just a matter of reassembly.

https://downriggershop.com/collections/all-products/products/carbontex-drag-washers

I am also interested in upgrading my washers on my Daiwa M-one reels but a couple of questions. Are they easy to do? Does any one know if they are 0.5mm or 1mm? I would just order the carbontex and do them myself if not too hard. Thanks in advance for the advice!!

best to take the washers out and measure them with a set of calipers. I think that the daiwas have the 0.5mm washers. I'll take one apart and check for you.

Thanks John, do you know if I would order the 0.5mm sheet or the 1mm sheet.

Cheers

Thanks again John appreciate it! I’m a little nervous about taking them apart but I hear the upgrade is worth it although they are currently working well plus I don’t have a caliper to measure it. How many are in a daiwa m one plus? Cheers

There are 3 Drag washers and 3 steel washers that make up the Diawa drag system.. Don't be afraid of opening the drag.
There are no springs that will jump out. Remover the drag knob and have a look.. It's just a small locking wire that holds the
drag together. The Diawa drag washers are 0.5mm thick

Thanks again John appreciate it! I’m a little nervous about taking them apart but I hear the upgrade is worth it although they are currently working well plus I don’t have a caliper to measure it. How many are in a daiwa m one plus? Cheers

Thanks John! I’m going to order the sheet now, once I get it I will open them and replace them. I’ll let you know how it goes, thanks for your help.

Back