Commercial prawn barclay sound

Thunder21

Does anyone know when the commercial guys start prawning in Barclay? I can’t find any info online . Thanks

The official season starts May 09 but all recreational traps must be out of the water by 12:01 AM May 08.That's for Alberni Inlet Subareas 23-1 to 23-3.If you go on the fisheries website,it's Fishery Notice FN0332 Prawn and Shrimp Areas 17,19 and 23
Area Closures. All other areas not stated in the notice are still open until further notice.Hope this helps ya T21.

The official season starts May 09 but all recreational traps must be out of the water by 12:01 AM May 08.That's for Alberni Inlet Subareas 23-1 to 23-3.If you go on the fisheries website,it's Fishery Notice FN0332 Prawn and Shrimp Areas 17,19 and 23
Area Closures. All other areas not stated in the notice are still open until further notice.Hope this helps ya T21.
Awesome , thanks for the info

Is the pulling of recreational traps new? I have always seen traps during the commercial season, I. Have never heard this before

They always shut us rec guys down for the first week of the commercial opening in specified areas so they can get an accurate spawning index done.It's the way it's always been since I've been prawning and that's about 20+ years now.

So at this point for 2020 there is no closing date for sport prawning. Is that correct? I can't see anything is notices.

Back