2020 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

I'm just on my way back from a week up that way. Didn't fish hard as it was just me and the wife. Usually an hour or 2 everyday. Tried different spots. Hooked 2 salmon. A 10lb hatch between Kirby and Sanford. Hooked on skinny g kitchen sink. Weird thing is it was stuffed with big white squid. Puked one up on the deck and belly stuffed. Other spring was a 5lb wild on a white hootchy released. Bonus for week was a big Ling that held on to a smaller Ling for a ride to my net. Mo

Beauty fish there trophy. Better watch you don't catch yourself a tail out the inlet. :)

Last edited:
22527F13-70BB-44FA-9C78-890DEF4F2FEA.jpeg
I'm just on my way back from a week up that way. Didn't fish hard as it was just me and the wife. Usually an hour or 2 everyday. Tried different spots. Hooked 2 salmon. A 10lb hatch between Kirby and Sanford. Hooked on skinny g kitchen sink. Weird thing is it was stuffed with big white squid. Puked one up on the deck and belly stuffed. Other spring was a 5lb wild on a white hootchy released. Bonus for week was a big Ling that held on to a smaller Ling for a ride to my net. Mo
bays have been full of squid, had fresh calamari a few days ago. use that white hootchie more!

Those are gonna work great Derby, We were using the below last year (the ones above the ruler) in Jun/Jul in Bam and absolutly killed them non stop. The 3 below the ruler I just painted and have glow eyes, me think they might be home runs , will see.
tight linesFlutter K.jpg

Lost a couple prawn traps north of Wizard. Too big of a marker buoy (hard plastic orange ball) probably floated them away in the wind last week. If you spot 'em I'd appreciate a heads up! :) Name and number is on the buoy, please text Scott at 250-219-0927 ... Thanks

End of March i launched at the Eagle Nest Pub... anyone know if they allow launches still? Or just at the public launch now? Might fit a day fishing in Thursday....
cheers

A quick question about the squid as I have never fished them before . Would they be found in the canal in such places as Sarita or Nahmint or would I need to get down past chub pt.

A quick question about the squid as I have never fished them before . Would they be found in the canal in such places as Sarita or Nahmint or would I need to get down past chub pt.

i see clouds of them deep on the sounder, fish puke em up...
only surface schools around the lights in the bam harbour.

Dunno. My encounters have been at Florencia Island where I dragged-up some egg sacks off the bottom. They are jigged in the Ucluelet harbor at night as well.

Lots of bait showing on the sounder. Marking fish between 80 and 240. Only problem is those fish are not biting. Getting hits at 80 and 120 when nothing is showing. 5 shakers, lost 3 half way to the boat and had one 6-8 lb that we netted to take the hook out.

Back