Vintage Spoons?

Hey Stormtrooper - when you start punching out some spoons are you going to go lighter gauge brass or stainless than what is typical in
the older / commie stuff you have been posting?
Thought it might be good for the sporties who don't tend to move as fast - or fast enough especially for the heavier metal.

Most of what I have been posting is from my personal collection and not from any of the tooling that I carry, with the exception of a few PAL profiles pictured. This, however most of these profiles will fish at a varying speed range of 2 to 3.5 mph depending upon the profile. A lot of broader or wider, larger profiles will work well at low speed in certain circumstances. I will be producing many profiles that will cover a broad scope of applications for all fishing sectors.

These three are very good at low to high speed. Two older PAL profiles and a new one just created a couple of years ago. :)
I see a P2B and a P3C but what is the one in the middle.

I really like this thread. I see some things here that look a lot like what me and my dad fished in Barkley Sound in the 60’s and 70’s. We caught a TON of fish on those old spoons. He used to get them from a commercial fisherman buddy. We rarely used them with flashers, we used planers and ridiculously long leaders.

Anyway, carry on. This is a cool thread.

Here are some OG tasty tiny Tom Mack trolling spoons for all you, who as I fish these old classics too. I ain't a bait guy. :)
A couple of summers ago there was lots of small bait in Beecher Bay (East JDF Straight) and the straight nickel Tom Macks in the 2 smaller sizes you show were very effective for teen size springs.
...Rob

Cut my teeth as a kid with my dad in Tssawassen back in the day cleaning up on Coho with the small Tom Mac's. The amount of bait schools were unbelievable back then. You could call a fish or fishes on like a pool shot when you saw the schools boiling. Such easy fishing back then.
I believe that the winter fishing in our local lower mainland area should be productive with the smaller spoons as the bait is so much smaller right into March in some cases. I have a bunch of those smaller size spoons and look forward to trying them thru the winter.

Hookem 4, unknown, Kit-A-Mat 55

Attachments

• 815BF46B-A056-4EDE-B891-28D0CE442ADE.jpeg
    815BF46B-A056-4EDE-B891-28D0CE442ADE.jpeg
    322.7 KB · Views: 56
You guys are good. Thanks. When I first read the title I almost spewed my coffee.” Mr. Limp Johnson”

Attachments

• 7F7A56DD-D2D0-4DEE-B462-21A693DD38D3.png
    7F7A56DD-D2D0-4DEE-B462-21A693DD38D3.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 45
Back