All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they have a very know line drawn in the sand but I think it's pretty much the same in all small tourist towns. Saw Renfrew has taken a hard line as well, no one wants an out break in their small town there's one grocery store and limited resources would be a mess if that happened and would create even a longer closure of tourism versus stay the course until the time comes when we can all open in a measured way that's safe.

I don't see how tourism can open before we have a vaccine. IF your small town never gets the virus then it's always just as susceptible to getting it till 80+% of the town is vaccinated.

It was posted a few times but i fail to see how it moves the needle in any direction.
Well as an essential service you can share cars and you just have to "do your best" to physically distance. Like in restaurants customers have to be herded like cattle but the staff can be on top of each other like rabbits.

Well as an essential service you can share cars and you just have to "do your best" to physically distance. Like in restaurants customers have to be herded like cattle but the staff can be on top of each other like rabbits.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/...-hunting/fishing-and-hunting-covid-19-updates

These orders still apply

Guidelines & Regulations
You are expected to follow all the orders and guidance provided by the Provincial Health Officer (PHO). The PHO has asked British Columbians to halt all travel within the province that is not essential, especially to smaller communities.

• This includes trips to vacation homes, fishing lodges, and rural properties
  • Smaller communities have fewer resources and may not be able to support a sick visitor
See below for a list of specific orders and guidance for fishing and hunting activities.

Orders & Guidance for Fishing & Hunting
If you cannot meet all the COVID-19 orders and guidance to fish or hunt safely, do not go fishing or hunting.

• Only fish and hunt with members of your family or others you are living with
  • Stay 2 metres (6 feet) from other people you come across
  • Do not share vehicles with individuals outside of your family or others you are living with
  • Fish and hunt locally
  • Wash your hands often, especially around communal areas such as boat ramps, gates, etc.
  • Follow all travel advisories and self isolation requirements
  • Follow all municipal, First Nation community, provincial and federal closures (e.g. parks, infrastructure, etc.)

This order isn't anything different then we already know in saltwater angling. It was open before. It is still up to Province to decide if it opens the parks up.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/...-hunting/fishing-and-hunting-covid-19-updates

These orders still apply

Guidelines & Regulations
You are expected to follow all the orders and guidance provided by the Provincial Health Officer (PHO). The PHO has asked British Columbians to halt all travel within the province that is not essential, especially to smaller communities.

• This includes trips to vacation homes, fishing lodges, and rural properties
  • Smaller communities have fewer resources and may not be able to support a sick visitor
See below for a list of specific orders and guidance for fishing and hunting activities.

Orders & Guidance for Fishing & Hunting
If you cannot meet all the COVID-19 orders and guidance to fish or hunt safely, do not go fishing or hunting.

• Only fish and hunt with members of your family or others you are living with
  • Stay 2 metres (6 feet) from other people you come across
  • Do not share vehicles with individuals outside of your family or others you are living with
  • Fish and hunt locally
  • Wash your hands often, especially around communal areas such as boat ramps, gates, etc.
  • Follow all travel advisories and self isolation requirements
  • Follow all municipal, First Nation community, provincial and federal closures (e.g. parks, infrastructure, etc.)
Whelp there yah have it. Thanks.

Here’s another interesting article about distancing, I went searching when I heard people were being ticketed. I found it hard to believe you could be ticketed on a boat if it was large enough to social distance. Not suggesting people ignore the guidance, but if anyone did in fact get a ticket and it was for not social distancing, perhaps the authorities overstepped their bounds. See bold portion.

From the BC Centre for disease control.

Compliance and Enforcement Guidance about Public Health Orders with respect to Physical Distancing This document is accurate as of March 31, 2020 and is subject to change.
Purpose
This document is to provide guidance to compliance and enforcement officials (C&EOs) such as bylaw enforcement officers and other provincial compliance officers i.e. liquor and cannabis control and licencing inspectors, gambling enforcement and investigations officers, and community safety personnel with respect to the implementation of COVID-19 public health
Compliance and Enforcement Guidance about Public Health Orders with respect to Physical Distancing This document is accurate as of March 31, 2020 and is subject to change.
Purpose
This document is to provide guidance to compliance and enforcement officials (C&EOs) such as bylaw enforcement officers and other provincial compliance officers i.e. liquor and cannabis control and licencing inspectors, gambling enforcement and investigations officers, and community safety personnel with respect to the implementation of COVID-19 public health orders.
NOTE: Police officers and C&EOs are not empowered to enforce (i.e. ticket or detain) with respect to public health orders. Their role is to provide assistance only when called upon by a health officer pursuant to section 90 of the Public Health Act .

‘It is impossible to overstate the pain’: Fight against coronavirus will define our era, Bill Gates says
April 23, 2020

The novel coronavirus pandemic will define the modern era in the same way World War II shaped an earlier generation, Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates says in a 11-page memo outlining his ideas on how best to tackle the disease.

“This is like a world war, except in this case, we’re all on the same side,” he writes.
https://www.seattletimes.com/nation...onavirus-will-define-our-era-bill-gates-says/

‘It is impossible to overstate the pain’: Fight against coronavirus will define our era, Bill Gates says
April 23, 2020

The novel coronavirus pandemic will define the modern era in the same way World War II shaped an earlier generation, Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates says in a 11-page memo outlining his ideas on how best to tackle the disease.

“This is like a world war, except in this case, we’re all on the same side,” he writes.
https://www.seattletimes.com/nation...onavirus-will-define-our-era-bill-gates-says/
I have to agree some things will never go back to the way they were, probably some shouldn’t. The good news is people are pretty resilient and can adapt to change even if they don’t like it. Many have stated for years that the advent of affordable International Travel could potentially open a Pandora’s Box for disease.

Vancouver mayor is Crying that he needs a bail out and the city is going to go bankrupt. Threaten to shut down social programs and other things out to 2022.
City of Vancouver has their own Community Charter...all other munis abide by provincially mandated community charter...not really the provinces responsibility...lots of Muni's are going to be fine

I have to agree some things will never go back to the way they were, probably some shouldn’t. The good news is people are pretty resilient and can adapt to change even if they don’t like it. Many have stated for years that the advent of affordable International Travel could potentially open a Pandora’s Box for disease.
Yep, we’ve had the conversation about a pandemic at our house before more than once. I think the possible threat of a Coronavirus has been on the radar for years especially after SARS. As far as opening up, I think that they see us as currently operating at 30% of our regular social contacts now and the idea is that they may be able to increase it to 60% without seeing a major uptick in infection. I imagine we will find out soon.

I saw this on facebook. Kinda puts you on the spot I would think if you felt that way. Or maybe you already have someone in mind,,,,I know I don't.... not anyone,,of any age.

93820730_2991487324230837_649503427155460096_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back