COVID 19 - BUSINESS THREAD INFO/DISCUSSION

I am with Scotia and they sent out communication on this.
Application was straight forward and the money in now in the bank.

Does your business have to be completely shutdown for this loan?I'm not directly impacted by the virus,but waiting on a subdivision to be completed to start a couple houses..The red tape at city hall,lawyers ect is taking forever, since they are mainly working from home.

Accountant is looking into it for me,hope to hear Monday.

Does your business have to be completely shutdown for this loan?I'm not directly impacted by the virus,but waiting on a subdivision to be completed to start a couple houses..The red tape at city hall,lawyers ect is taking forever, since they are mainly working from home.

Accountant is looking into it for me,hope to hear Monday.
No. Your business does not have to be affected in any way

Your CERB money is taxable.

Six million Canadians have applied for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) amid the novel coronavirus pandemic.

The federal income support program provides $2,000 every four weeks for up to 16 weeks to Canadians who’ve been financially affected by the pandemic. Ottawa isn’t withholding any taxes at source on those benefits, meaning recipients are getting the full $2,000 for now.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6831951/cerb-taxable/

Of course it's taxable.
No. Your business does not have to be affected in any way

Weird. You think they would screen people that didn't need it. I guess they are hoping to catch people in audit situations. I guarantee any of us that get these loans will get audited in future.

Back