Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

The degree of the hull dead rise angle & width in proportion with the length, play the biggest role. Steep "V" makes for smooth wave cuts & transiting. Off plane fishing, trap hauling etc they want to roll more. If this vessel had a slightly wider beam from below the water line up, because the the sides had less flare it would make a small measurable difference but the dead rise vs length play the biggest role... in my humble uneducated option.

Yes, I tried to reach out to the guy to get more info and he pulled down the post.
I would say it's stolen for sure. I grabbed a screenshot of the boat before it was pulled down.
Maybe someone recognizes it.

Jeff
here's the reply I got when he posted 2 weeks ago

I`m away for the next few days due a travel job,
If you`re really interested, shoot me your email address,and i will reply asap any info info or pics u need to know
Thank you for being interested !
Angie Carpenter.

If you`re really interested, shoot me your email address,and i will reply asap any info info or pics u need to know
Angie Carpenter.

And I got the same response with a different name.

Angie Carpenter.

The Duckworth is posted again on Vancouver CL at around noon today. Asking $19,000. There are two KTM dualsport bikes in the background and one has a visible license plate....I'm pretty certain it's a California plate. Look in the background of the pics...also doesn't really look like a local neighbourhood.

And regarding the boat itself...whoever installed the trim tabs seemed to have skipped the trim tab mounting brackets and installed the tabs closer to the centreline.
duckworth.jpg

That Proline is a nice looking rig!

What's everybody's take on this sales strategy here (proposed by Trophy seller):
In respect of COVID-19 social distancing rules we will be booking appointments on Friday April 17th 10:00 am to 1:00 pm and Saturday April 18th 10:00 am to 1:00 pm only. The highest offer will get the boat.

Seems like the guy is trying to auction the boat, and the extra $1500 for the trailer!

What's everybody's take on this sales strategy here (proposed by Trophy seller):
In respect of COVID-19 social distancing rules we will be booking appointments on Friday April 17th 10:00 am to 1:00 pm and Saturday April 18th 10:00 am to 1:00 pm only. The highest offer will get the boat.

Seems like the guy is trying to auction the boat, and the extra $1500 for the trailer!
Plus more for the equip..should say 30000 obo in reality if you want everything and trailer

I have a fishing bud, he's a member here, that just bought a newer 2052 for FAR less than asking for that boat.......

I have a fishing bud, he's a member here, that just bought a newer 2052 for FAR less than asking for that boat.......
That is not surprising really, look at the economy,where it is likely to go, the uncertainty with the epidemic, the fishing regs on this side of the island in particular and peoples need for money just to make ends meet. I am actually surprised that asking prices have held up this well! Maybe our situation hasn't sunk in to everybody yet!!

He’s selling it like a house. Don’t care for it.

He’s also asking more or less new pricing for the extras too.

Back