New people here,Anyone prawning these days?

Big tides = tougher Prawning

Your decrease in success may be due to a multitude of issues. Some or all maybe related to moon phase, tides and currents

Prawning has been good lately but I do know a long weekend and nice weather will bring out all the clowns

Big tides = tougher Prawning

Your decrease in success may be due to a multitude of issues. Some or all maybe related to moon phase, tides and currents

Prawning has been good lately but I do know a long weekend and nice weather will bring out all the clowns
Thanks for this. I went onto tides4fishing and checked the tidal coefficients for the month and damned if last weekend didn't have pretty low ones -- around 80-90, while this week is well north of 100. Seems like it's coming back down tonight and for the next several days, so we'll see if the catch improves as well.

Thanks for this. I went onto tides4fishing and checked the tidal coefficients for the month and damned if last weekend didn't have pretty low ones -- around 80-90, while this week is well north of 100. Seems like it's coming back down tonight and for the next several days, so we'll see if the catch improves as well.

I try and fish as much weight as I dare and find that helps. Weight the line up a bit from the traps too since prawns are skidish and avoid anything moving around to much

Back