All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will take a while. A new research study indicates that lockdown should continue until a vaccine is made available.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...d-when-vaccine-deaths-covid-19-a9456716.html?
Bill Gates said in a recent interview "The vaccine is critical, because, until you have that, things aren’t really going to be normal. They can open up to some degree, but the risk of a rebound will be there until we have very broad vaccination.”

Last edited:
'Like walking the tightrope': Some European countries are starting to lift coronavirus lockdown measures

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cnb...-countries-set-to-lift-lockdown-measures.html

• Austria, the Czech Republic, Denmark and Norway have now all announced plans to slowly relax national lockdowns later this month.
Well, it should be possible to cycle in and out of strict measures as knowledge of how to treat the virus improves and PPE stockpiles get rebuit - and if(!) people are developing immunity, each successive wave will be a little slower, so we may see it step down in progressively easier to manage outbreaks until a vaccine can be created.

We will probably also get better at figuring out which measures have to be enacted aggressively and which should be eliminated - I suspect there won't be anymore campaigns like Italy's "hug a Chinese" from February 1, for example.

To me this is the graph I think best represents whats going on. The only problem with it is the lag time it takes from transmission to hospital of 10 to 14 days.
EVHTJt-UwAEwNOL

yes. This does show best as shows trend of virus better than cases as many cases not tested etc. Cases do help as well in sense that we have seen cases go way down in past week and this hospitalizations should follow suit within a week too as we go down the back end of the curb a bit (hopefully)

Reactions: GLG
I h
I just had my first call this year (yesterday) from a group of 4 inquiring about a fishing charter for today (April8th).. They asked if I was available and because in 35 years of business I have never ONCE said I'm closed I said yes....followed quickly by where you from (as my brain said wait a minute) ...they said there are 4 of us staying at a B&B in Sooke and we are from Vancouver. I figured out after I hung up they had been making calls for awhile trying to find someone to take them out. I said I'm actually closed because there is no way I can maintain social distancing on a small boat....he hung up really quick. So there you go.... there are people out there who just don t fu%king get it and are why this will carry on way longer than it needs to. WTF are 4 people on vacation in a B&B from Vancouver? ...and WTf is anyone allowing them on a ferry to potentially spread this here?

I have seen a certain sooke guide out every time I have gone out in the last few weeks.....and it certainly looks like he's chartering. So good for you Rollie.

Darin

I just had my first call this year (yesterday) from a group of 4 inquiring about a fishing charter for today (April8th).. They asked if I was available and because in 35 years of business I have never ONCE said I'm closed I said yes....followed quickly by where you from (as my brain said wait a minute) ...they said there are 4 of us staying at a B&B in Sooke and we are from Vancouver. I figured out after I hung up they had been making calls for awhile trying to find someone to take them out. I said I'm actually closed because there is no way I can maintain social distancing on a small boat....he hung up really quick. So there you go.... there are people out there who just don t fu%king get it and are why this will carry on way longer than it needs to. WTF are 4 people on vacation in a B&B from Vancouver? ...and WTf is anyone allowing them on a ferry to potentially spread this here?

A lot of respect for you Rollie for that. I hope you are able to keep your other business going.

Last edited:
People are reading wayyy too far into trudeau's statement. Had at least 5 buddies text me we will be quarantined for 12-18months cause of what he said...but that's not what he was saying. Completely normal until then, fair enough to a certain degree, but mostly normal well before then, absolutely.

Trump plans on opening up the US economy (in non hot spots anyway) come May 4th.

People are reading wayyy too far into trudeau's statement. Had at least 5 buddies text me we will be quarantined for 12-18months cause of what he said...but that's not what he was saying. Completely normal until then, fair enough to a certain degree, but mostly normal well before then, absolutely.

Trump plans on opening up the US economy (in non hot spots anyway) come May 4th.

I thought it was Easter....

Lodges up north are shutting down for the season already scary to see where this is going

they survive on american clients, i can see BC be open by june for canadians but i have a hard time seeing our borders being open. The other thing is these lodges have a lot of corporate canadian clients. A pretty fast way to get fired right now by corporate canada would be booking a team getaway at a lodge.

I am already planning to move on from summer plans with my business and planning fall/xmas now. Tourism will be flat, and if your in this business it will be tough. I am sorry just being real. I want to believe that tourists will come in summer but just don't see it. Businesses should prepare for that reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back