All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding was that BC was doing a good job of chasing down the clusters. Like if they had a positive case they would be testing around that positive case and communicating isolation and were doing this early.

That's great BC just closed all BC parks to all access effective 8am this morning. Think that is way too extreme. People most likely complaining about social distancing.

http://bcparks.ca/covid-19/
It's a poor decision. People need recreation, especially now. How hard would it have been to step up enforcement as an alternative? There are many folks that would have been glad for the work.

That's great BC just closed all BC parks to all access effective 8am this morning. Think that is way too extreme. People most likely complaining about social distancing.

http://bcparks.ca/covid-19/
To me this looks like they're inflicting the Vancouver/Victoria solution on the whole province. Closing the backcountry? Province-wide? I get shutting down the parking lots at Mt Seymour, but who are you putting at risk if you hike at Tatlayoko Lake?

Boat ramps? Stupid. I can hardly remember the last time I was within fifty feet of someone at the local ramp. Broad brush fixes for locally-specific problems.

They don't want people traveling this weekend, this is more about trying to keep vancouver people in vancouver.

It's like shes about to cry every time she talks, she definitely does not instill confidence
I think Dr Henry installs confidence and a sense of calm. She was a military doctor at CFB Esquimalt years ago. Think she’s tougher than some give her credit for and not prone to hysterics.

Wow, I wonder if there is govt discussion to restrict marine waterways for pleasure craft? C Tow says they're fully operational currently but in my case, I have to make reservations at the marina to even have access to our boat, let alone launch. Sounds like pushing off this weekend to head up the Coast is not a good plan even though we have a slip up there.

By the way I had been hearing through other business (yes epic hearsay) that BC had been talking about loosening up the rules / guidelines next week to get the economy going. I personally think that another week of diminishing numbers, plus one more is likely at the very least so that could see us open for business again the first week in May, so many variables for sure. Take care everyone.

I think Dr Henry installs confidence and a sense of calm. She was a military doctor at CFB Esquimalt years ago. Think she’s tougher than some give her credit for and not prone to hysterics.

Agreed! we are lucky to have her. That she once had a brief moment of emotionalism, as she contemplated the substantial number of elders in care facilities that she knew were going to die and who along with their families had entrusted their care to those underfunded systems, in my view was not a weakness. I trust her more because of that and more than I would have someone in a leadership role who thought of them as nothing more than statistics.

Last edited:
Had a friends friend that got pulled over for speeding with three girls in the car. Cop gave each of them $1000 fine because they weren't roommates plus the speeding ticket. Good on that cop.

Hours? Try WEEKS! :mad:
Now approaching 4,000 call attempts, with 34 hours on hold to date.
220 call attempts this morning alone.
Twice into the verification wormhole today only to be booted due to high traffic volume.

Last day I can make this work is today.
After that, I simply give up. Had enough.

Well... they broke me. Literally.

Kicked me off EI without making the switch to a Medical Benefits Claim. They did so stating I had "plenty of time to contact them and do so" and as a result of me not doing so I am not qualified. Complete BS.

Not qualified for any of the other virus related programs.

Not qualified for welfare and I wouldn't go there even if I was.

Doctor suggesting to go on CPP Disability, and given no other choice I may have to. Current backlog with that process is in excess of five months.

Going to be a long & broke haul for quite the spell it seems.

Now today they have the unmitigated gall to DEMAND that I call them asap (via My Service Canada account).

Of course the provided number is the same one I have been trying for weeks.

Un-Effing-Real!
wGBxZaObcjZFRHPWQGYx.gif

Nog

****... I'm sorry Nog... Faking terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back