2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any way to drift mooch for those Hake , Weird Cod things out by the hump.
Was thinking with the nice weather, just to get on the water . Toss a couple rods down and drift .

Hi all. I was looking to get out on Friday. Sorry for the noob question but are we still allowed to sport fish (catch/release) in 29-3 ? Just trying to make sure I'm interpreting the regulations correctly. Will go look for some crab and prawn in any case but wanted to check if it's ok to drop the lines in. Thanks.

Hi all. I was looking to get out on Friday. Sorry for the noob question but are we still allowed to sport fish (catch/release) in 29-3 ? Just trying to make sure I'm interpreting the regulations correctly. Will go look for some crab and prawn in any case but wanted to check if it's ok to drop the lines in. Thanks.

Catch and release is still allowed. Just make sure you're not fishing with anyone that doesn't live in the same residence. I saw the VPD police boat checking ID's as boats were leaving false creek the other day.

Are all the boat launches closed or are any still open?, i called rocky point out in port moody today they are day to day butwith sll the provincial parks vlosing as of today they were unsure if they would remain open. I want to just get away for a few days but it would suck to come back to a locked gate! Any local info would be great thanks

Are all the boat launches closed or are any still open?, i called rocky point out in port moody today they are day to day butwith sll the provincial parks vlosing as of today they were unsure if they would remain open. I want to just get away for a few days but it would suck to come back to a locked gate! Any local info would be great thanks
I think MacDonald beach is still open as well as Cates Park. Sunset was open last I checked

Last edited:
Catch and release is still allowed. Just make sure you're not fishing with anyone that doesn't live in the same residence. I saw the VPD police boat checking ID's as boats were leaving false creek the other day.

Thanks for this. Wife and kids, so we'll see how it goes.

no noob question ever yep we r still allowed to catch and release springs in 29-3

Saw reports of all kinds of porpoises around Stanley Park. The herring must be there, get yer nets!!

Saw reports of all kinds of porpoises around Stanley Park. The herring must be there, get yer nets!!
Never fished for herring, what kind off nets do u use or can u catch them on a fishing rod, be nice get bucket for bait for when/if we allowed to retain Chinook later this summer. Anyone smoke them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back