All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I for one can't afford to cover the remaining 25% for all my guys which you need to prove you're paying. Easier to just have them collect their own benefits individually. They're not going anywhere when this is over I'm quite sure.

I think the draft language read that the employer must make a best effort to get the employee back to pre-crisis level ie cover additional amounts. However, my understanding on this is that the government thinks its better for employers to keep employees on the payroll if they have the cash and they will cover the salary later vs having everyone run to EI and the other programs.

That being said, legislation is still not final.

I think the draft language read that the employer must make a best effort to get the employee back to pre-crisis level ie cover additional amounts. However, my understanding on this is that the government thinks its better for employers to keep employees on the payroll if they have the cash and they will cover the salary later vs having everyone run to EI and the other programs.

That being said, legislation is still not final.

I started this on thread....

If you're shopping or social distancing around other people which i think is too close.. hell no
i would most definitely wear a mask and shades just can't take a chance at what they say out there, it's only a matter of time if you're out in public you will walk into someone's breath, keep hearing now you may catch it from someone just talking.. Stay ahead and more, of whatever reports come out..

Don't know if this is true but they have done some studies and found people that had covid19 couldn’t smell anything, lost sense of smell
So if you encounter this let people know around you, maybe i'm wrong but anything new helps..

Apparently I don't qualify for CERB as business owner and also after looking into closer. If you pull a salary in corporation you can't qualify, and in my business I can still do sales even though there aren't any. I don't qualify for 75% wage subsidy for me either after looking at last year March vs this year. Our Feb sales was good, and some of that revenue was realized in March. March for me last year was just dead. The criteria for wage subsidy is 30% drop in revenue, so we are excluded.

Pretty much now 100% percent screwed/out of options, and looks like I will have to go back to work for someone else in short term until business starts to return. The $40,000 emergency loan is also not within reach based on what I have been talking to the bank on. It isn't designed for small companies with few employees. Thanks Trudeau!

Sorry kind of frustrating day today. :(
******. Sorry you fall in the grey area/hole in this system. That really sucks and must be incredibly frustrating.

Ferries shut down for tourism and travel til June 30.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/new-federal-rules-for-ferries-announced-amid-covid-19-pandemic-1.4883472

Beginning Monday, all commercial marine vessels with a capacity greater than 12 passengers will be prohibited from operating for non-essential reasons, such as tourism or recreation. These restrictions will remain in place until at least June 30, Transport Canada said in a news release Sunday.

ferries are exempt to a certain degree which makes sense. BC is doing very well. Think till May 30 would of been fine to be honest...we will see. Could always bring back measures too

Until this passes and things clear we can kiss tourism goodbye until at least June I'm keeping hopeful it opens back up domestically at least by July 1st. They outlined essential services, tourism, fishing charters etc are going to take a hit as they are not essential services, I tried to be optimistic but in reality even after things wind down the doors aren't going to open up as per usual. Parks hear on the Pacific Rim are closed they even put concrete barricades on the access road to Wick beach. Lets hope it changes for the best but there is a chance the summer could be a wash :( Tourism will be the last thing to open back up unfortunately.

Ferries shut down for tourism and travel til June 30.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/new-federal-rules-for-ferries-announced-amid-covid-19-pandemic-1.4883472

Beginning Monday, all commercial marine vessels with a capacity greater than 12 passengers will be prohibited from operating for non-essential reasons, such as tourism or recreation. These restrictions will remain in place until at least June 30, Transport Canada said in a news release Sunday.

Omg. That will hit tourism very hard.

You have to think if the Gov is offering all this stimulus for 4-6 months we would be foolish to think the borders will be open in the summer for leisure travel and that Canada will open the doors to non essential domestic leisure travel. They have and will continue to have a huge investment in this fight, the hard part is the reality that many tourism related businesses from restaurants to activity providers may not make it out the other side. It's hunker down time and if anything is opened up as far as summer business it will be a bonus. I definitely hope it opens up for July and August but it doesn't look good.

I store my boat with a full tank of gas and haven’t had to opportunity to use it yet this year (steering upgrade issues).
I hope that we’ll be able to get gas on the water somewhere. I’m hoping to still get out lots this spring and early summer. Would be a pain to have to retrieve the boat every time I need gas, but I guess that will be the worst case scenario. Will clearly have to stay on top of this if I’m planning a trip out and up the coast. I've been wanting to circumnavigate the island.

If you're shopping or social distancing around other people which i think is too close.. hell no
i would most definitely wear a mask and shades just can't take a chance at what they say out there, it's only a matter of time if you're out in public you will walk into someone's breath, keep hearing now you may catch it from someone just talking..

Only concern I have heard is that people wearing a mask tend to touch their face many times as they tend to adjust the mask.
One of the things the ‘experts ‘ say is “don’t touch your face”. Not sure if wearing a mask will help or not, especially if a person keeps touching their face. Might be a false sense of security, just a thought.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back