All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Climate science? has told me numerous times during the last 40 years that I will freeze to death or be under water or have only 10 years before it is too late or run out of fossil fuels. It seems to be every bit the moving target that we have with Corvid 19.

Climate science? has told me numerous times during the last 40 years that I will freeze to death or be under water or have only 10 years before it is too late or run out of fossil fuels. It seems to be every bit the moving target that we have with Corvid 19.

This isnt the place to compare climate and pandemic models.

Last edited:
Virologists suggest masks have limited effect. Improper handling, sweating under the mask, over using the mask and damp cloth masks increase your risk of catching the virus

In the Wednesday briefing Dr. Bonnie Henry addressed this question and gave her blessings with some caveats. If you go to post # 969 of this thread and watch the video it comes up at the 30:42 mark. On thing is clear tho we can't use a mask as a loophole to go back to business as usual. We need to stay the course till we get the all clear.

Climate models are based on climate science. Covid models are based on science combined with a variety of human behaviour - the wild card.
Good answer but don't let them troll you, now is not the time and we all need to work together to beat this virus.

Virologists suggest masks have limited effect. Improper handling, sweating under the mask, over using the mask and damp cloth masks increase your risk of catching the virus

Climate models are based on climate science. Covid models are based on science combined with a variety of human behaviour - the wild card.

Masks seem to have a net positive ? gotta say today at Costco saw more masks than I’ve ever seen in my life

Side note: how is climate science not based on human behaviour when the whole premise is based that climate is changing due to human behaviour? :rolleyes::rolleyes::confused:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/covid-19/italy-covid-19-outbreak-lessons-1.5517520

Interesting. Italy is now reporting drop first time. They are saying biggest mistake was to place infected patients with non infected patients. This was something China mentioned as well.

From link above:

The biggest mistake we made was to admit patients infected with COVID-19 into hospitals throughout the region," said Carlo Borghetti, the vice-premier of Lombardy,an economically crucial region with a population of 10 million.

"We should have immediately set up separate structures exclusively for people sick with coronavirus. I recommend the rest of the world do this, to not send COVID patients into health-care facilities that are still uninfected."

Last edited:
So what are you saying guys like me are under you? Some people that own businesses, and have supported this economy don't have that choice.:( There will be millions. I will be there along with many across Canada.

We don't get the same benefits as workers. We have rents, taxes, vendors and all the additional financial burdens as an employers. No shame in taking help from government.

Apparently I don't qualify for CERB as business owner and also after looking into closer. If you pull a salary in corporation you can't qualify, and in my business I can still do sales even though there aren't any. I don't qualify for 75% wage subsidy for me either after looking at last year March vs this year. Our Feb sales was good, and some of that revenue was realized in March. March for me last year was just dead. The criteria for wage subsidy is 30% drop in revenue, so we are excluded.

Pretty much now 100% percent screwed/out of options, and looks like I will have to go back to work for someone else in short term until business starts to return. The $40,000 emergency loan is also not within reach based on what I have been talking to the bank on. It isn't designed for small companies with few employees. Thanks Trudeau!

Sorry kind of frustrating day today. :(

Last edited:
Masks seem to have a net positive ? gotta say today at Costco saw more masks than I’ve ever seen in my life

Side note: how is climate science not based on human behaviour when the whole premise is based that climate is changing due to human behaviour? :rolleyes::rolleyes::confused:
Masks will become a social norm as, like toilet paper, it is something we all can control. Covidgilanties will demand it.

True. I should have said climate science presented human behaviour as something we could change. Covid modelling presented the range of illness from unchanged (high rate) to radically changed (low rate) behaviour.

Apparently I don't qualify for CERB as business owner and also after looking into closer. If you pull a salary in corporation you can't qualify, and in my business I can still do sales even though there aren't any. I don't qualify for 75% wage subsidy for me either after looking at last year March vs this year. Our Feb sales was good, and some of that revenue was realized in March. March for me last year was just dead. The criteria for wage subsidy is 30% drop in revenue, so we are excluded.

Pretty much now 100% percent screwed/out of options, and looks like I will have to go back to work for someone else in short term until business starts to return. The $40,000 emergency loan is also not within reach based on what I have been talking to the bank on. It isn't designed for small companies with few employees. Thanks Trudeau!

Sorry kind of frustrating day today. :(

If April is bad you can do April vs April and will likely be eligible. I have many clients with a similar issue with March being ok, but the real drop will be April and May and the 75% subsidy should apply.

With that being said, they have yet to legislate this. So we will need to wait and see how it actually is written in law.

If April is bad you can do April vs April and will likely be eligible. I have many clients with a similar issue with March being ok, but the real drop will be April and May and the 75% subsidy should apply.
I for one can't afford to cover the remaining 25% for all my guys which you need to prove you're paying. Easier to just have them collect their own benefits individually. They're not going anywhere when this is over I'm quite sure.

With that being said, they have yet to legislate this. So we will need to wait and see how it actually is written in law.

Yeah this kind if where I am now. The issue is that means having wait all the way till mid April according to the website. As it stand I can't claim March.

I’m interested too. Maybe a dedicated thread on it?

Why don't I put an open thread on it.... I am sure Brian on forum won't mind. That way I will get it discussion out of here. Sorry it's really hard with distance to talk to other business owners going through same thing. Thought I would reach out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back