All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife is a respiratory therapist and 7 months pregnant. She will be working right until she can’t because she feels it’s her duty. As a family we are very exposed. Reading some of the comments on here downplaying this situation is really depressing.

In this situation one hand washes the other we all need to stick to the rules the health authority advises. It’s like silence in a room of people it only takes one person to **** it up for everyone else.

Please take it seriously in the right ways practice social distancing wash your hands someone’s life could depend on it.
Please don't get discouraged. Folks see the world changing very quickly around them and it is unsettling. The way some cope is to make light of our new reality and the fact that we don't know exactly how this will play out. The vast majority of us are on board with doing the right things and waiting this out. I am immensely grateful to the frontline workers who, like your wife, are committed to seeing this thing through. Best wishes to your family and stay healthy.

Yep. Sweden just about to learn the hard way. Your also seeing in places that didn't listen. Look at California VS New York.

We would be far better to test people in drive thru like they did in south korea. Everyone was gets tested regardless. Then you also isolate the carriers.

Last edited:
My son works up northern Alberta in the oil patch I am very concerned for his safety, would like him to just stay home. He says that he has to work now as there might not be any work in the future. You don't worry about your family's safety?

Of course I do but at the same time life has to go on the best we can. Take required precautions, keep your immune system up and use common sense. On top of that guys remember young, strong healthy people are not dying from this thing, getting sick yes but the chances of a strong healthy 30 years old dying from this thing is very remote probly a higher chance they die of a work accident. Again we have to be careful but not inane about it.

Last edited:
I go for a walk or two with the kid every day at Trout Lake, we live across the street. People are very good about maintaining their distance. Eye contact, a nod and good day, wide berth. The park is busy but lots of room to get fresh air. What I have been seeing though is that the overwhelming amount of "offenders" are people in their 40s and 50s, which for the life of me I can not understand. Whether it's running shoulder to shoulder or walking dogs in groups, two guys today were sitting face to with their knees touching on a bench drinking coffee this morning. Maybe these are all the divorced people with no kids looking for a way to end it.

I go for a walk or two with the kid every day at Trout Lake, we live across the street. People are very good about maintaining their distance. Eye contact, a nod and good day, wide berth. The park is busy but lots of room to get fresh air. What I have been seeing though is that the overwhelming amount of "offenders" are people in their 40s and 50s, which for the life of me I can not understand. Whether it's running shoulder to shoulder or walking dogs in groups, two guys today were sitting face to with their knees touching on a bench drinking coffee this morning. Maybe these are all the divorced people with no kids looking for a way to end it.

I see the opposite where I am to be honest. All 25 and under are pretty brutal. One park Duke Point I don't go to anymore because it has gotten so bad. Lots of morons on the trails not following.

When doing my walks I do it early at sun up. There is usually no one around. Lucky over here as we have large park with wide trails.

Of course I do but at the same time life has to go on the best we can. Take required precautions, keep your immune system up and use common sense. On top of that guys remember young, strong healthy people are not doing from this thing, getting sick yes but the chances of a strong healthy 30 years old dyeing from this thing is very remote probly a higher chance they die of a work accident. Again we have to be careful but not inane about it.
I just think this bug would bite you if your least the bit sloppy. I stopped working 2 weeks ago just didn't want to take any chances. stay safe!!!

I just think this bug would bite you if your least the bit sloppy. I stopped working 2 weeks ago just didn't want to take any chances. stay safe!!!

And nothing wrong with that I’m not calling judgement on people either way, as long as people aren’t being negligent and stupid about it. If some are being over precocious over it that’s their business.

Do it because it works and it could be a solution to those that need to get out.

BC’s Numbers again very good today. The best yet actually. Whole country had great numbers which is good to see. Ontario and Quebec were high but in relation to population Ontario is doing very well too. Quebec is brutal.

and people are still allowed to go out but just if you do see people you know absolutely have to stay 6+ft apart.

Government keeps saying any model is not perfect & can have many outcomes...
Yet climate models are held as gospel??

Speaking with a forked tongue

Not to be a downer but I just read 630 dead in NY in the last 24 hours.

In my line of work we sell Real Time Location Systems into the hospital market for locating patients, staff and assets and my phone has been ringing like crazy for the past few weeks in anticipation of modular/secondary temporary hospitals being set up in the US and Central America. I'll pass on the grim numbers being tossed around but it is crazy down there; had a dialogue with one of the key people in the Army Corps of Engineers on Friday.

There are talks about locating patients and assets in these makeshift hospitals but also putting our locating tags on bodies to be buried in temporary cemeteries to be exhumed at a later date for family funerals.

Do it because it works and it could be a solution to those that need to get out.

Virologists suggest masks have limited effect. Improper handling, sweating under the mask, over using the mask and damp cloth masks increase your risk of catching the virus

Government keeps saying any model is not perfect & can have many outcomes...
Yet climate models are held as gospel??

Speaking with a forked tongue
Climate models are based on climate science. Covid models are based on science combined with a variety of human behaviour - the wild card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back