Launch and Park pass at Crescent Beach Marina?

jasonj

Has anyone here bought the "launch and park" pass at Crescent Beach Marina in previous years?

I have been buying this pass for the last 3 years which allows you to use the boat launch and park without having to pay each time. It was previously priced at around $370 for the year.

I tried to renew my pass 2 weeks ago and I was told by the lady at the counter that this pass doesn't exist and never did. After some explanation by me about the pass that I had purchased 3 years in a row, she agreed that this type of pass was available and then told me it was now priced at $600!

Has anyone else had this pass or tried to renew it for this year? Let me know.

Last edited:
Outrageous price even at the 350 per year mark IMO. The parking lot is a long walk to the launch. Single lane tight ramp. Huge drop-off if you are anywhere less than 6 feet tide if I remember correctly. If it's a fast current it can be a hair raising experience with the other boats in their slips very close to the tight path you have to navigate to get in.

I recall it being at 350 per year or something like that when I inquired 3 years ago. Not worth it based on location and poor ramp for me.

Last edited:
Has anyone here bought the "launch and park" pass at Crescent Beach Marina in previous years?

I have been buying this pass for the last 3 years which allows you to use the boat launch and park without having to pay each time. It was previously priced at around $370 for the year.

I tried to renew my pass 2 weeks ago and I was told by the lady at the counter that this pass doesn't exist and never did. After some explanation by me about the pass that I had purchased 3 years in a row, she agreed that this type of pass was available and then told me it was now priced at $600!

Has anyone else had this pass or tried to renew it for this year? Let me know.
They told me the same thing. except they wanted $1200 for the season($600 for my truck and $600 for the launch) and that doesn't get me a key card for after hours. for day use they want $10 for the launch and $10 to park my truck. last year was $12 and that included launch and parking.
I guess i will play the tides and boycott that marina for now.

They told me the same thing. except they wanted $1200 for the season($600 for my truck and $600 for the launch) and that doesn't get me a key card for after hours. for day use they want $10 for the launch and $10 to park my truck. last year was $12 and that included launch and parking.
I guess i will play the tides and boycott that marina for now.

Wow they raised the price from $370 last year to $600 two weeks ago and now to $1200! And no key card too! Did they give you a reason for the change? Did they take your old key card away?

Wow they raised the price from $370 last year to $600 two weeks ago and now to $1200! And no key card too! Did they give you a reason for the change? Did they take your old key card away?
I skipped last year and handed my key card in, i should have kept it. They didn't seem to know much, she told me to call back when the accountant was there if I had questions lol. it was about 2 1/2 weeks ago.

That place is a joke anyway, owners are a bunch of arrogant jerks, boats sitting in the mud on some low tides, to far to travel when salmon fishing is open.

FWIW, there is a free boat launch at Wards Marina at the Stewart Farmhouse about a mile upstream.

Yes I know about that one thanks. However for my purpose, Crescent Beach marina is much better as I can launch at a much greater tide range and I can leave the truck and trailer there for days while we stay at our cabin on Saturna Island.

I hope the marina will come to their senses on pricing.

Last edited:
Called them to inquire about their annual rate. The guy there didn't know what the rate was. Said there has been an increase but he doesn't kniw what the increase is. He has to call the owner to confirm. He confirmed that last year is it was 375. Jasonj, didn't you say they denied it ever being 375 when you asked why you've been paying that price in previous years? What a bunch of clowns and liars. As a business, how can you raise your rates but not know what that rate is? When I said that the old rate at 375 was already one of, if not, the higher rates in the lower mainland for daily parking and launching. The reply was... Our rate is our rate... We don't care what people think. If you want to use it then you pay the rate. If you don't want to pay the rate that's your decision. Just that response alone I would not ever consider using them even if they kept their rates the same as previous years. What a bunch of idiots. How do you conduct a business when talk to clients like that. My way of telling them to **** off is to Never give them a cent of my money, even if it means I have to drive further to use a public launch in ladner. Ladner is free and I dont have a moron talking down to me while taking my money at the same time.

These morons are likely price gouching and taking advantage of the fact that a few ramps(like vanier and a number of other fresh and saltwater launches) have closed and more people are starting to use their facilities. Anyhow, they ain't getting a single dime from me. Dumbass move from a business standpoint and heartless if they are indeed taking advantage during these difficult times with covid.

Should come to a point where people and business need support and help to overcome difficulties related to loss of business, revenues, income, etc from this prolonged, and it will be a long battle, people will always help those who dersve the help and not greedy and unethical people and businesses.

Last edited:
Jasonj, didn't you say they denied it ever being 375 when you asked why you've been paying that price in previous years?

Yes at first the lady at the desk told me this pass doesn't exist and never existed and the pass I bought before in previous years was a mistake. This was a pretty bold statement which of course was false.

At least in your call they acknowledged it exists! I know this pandemic is having its toll on businesses and I suspect the marina is no different. Hopefully they will rethink the pricing.

Back