All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/deaths.htm

Check this link out. 2.8 million people died in the United States in the year 2017. That is around 7500 per day.

Yes we are seeing busy hospitals, with lack of equipment. Some people are dying that we could have kept alive for a few more years through surgeries and medications. I am not saying that this is just a bad flu. It is terrible.

But people need to calm the duck down.

People die all the time. I know of a 4 year old child that died of pneumonia back in November. She was not in the news.

Donald Trump announced tonight that 100,000 to 250,000 Americans may die in the coming weeks. I hope all you Cool Aid drinkers don’t vote him back in when he says he “saved the world, because only 10,000 died” in a few weeks.

I am not a conspiracy theorist at all. But people have stopped using their minds and have lost all critical thinking skills. For example: I saw 2 people on the sidewalk in front of an apartment building this morning. They had a tape measure and were measuring to make sure they were standing 6 feet apart. Did I mention they were both smoking?

Last edited:
It was explained to me that C-19 does not show up on the tests until you have flu like symptoms usually days 5 or 6. Mass testing will miss anyone who is asymptomatic or in the early stages of the disease. This creates a false sense of security.

It was explained to me that C-19 does not show up on the tests until you have flu like symptoms usually days 5 or 6. Mass testing will miss anyone who is asymptomatic or in the early stages of the disease. This creates a false sense of security.

This has also created mass panic because the World Heath Organization did not include these people in their estimating of the death rate.

The covid 19 actually has much lower mortality than originally thought

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/30/health/coronavirus-lower-death-rate/index.html

These guys are Professors at Stanford University. I hear that is a pretty good school.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/deaths.htm

Check this link out. 2.8 million people died in the United States in the year 2017. That is around 7500 per day.

Yes we are seeing busy hospitals, with lack of equipment. Some people are dying that we could have kept alive for a few more years through surgeries and medications. I am not saying that this is just a bad flu. It is terrible.

But people need to calm the duck down.

People die all the time. I know of a 4 year old child that died of pneumonia back in November. She was not in the news.

Donald Trump announced tonight that 100,000 to 250,000 Americans may die in the coming weeks. I hope all you Cool Aid drinkers don’t vote him back in when he says he “saved the world, because only 10,000 died” in a few weeks.

I am not a conspiracy theorist at all. But people have stopped using their minds and have lost all critical thinking skills. For example: I saw 2 people on the sidewalk in front of an apartment building this morning. They had a tape measure and were measuring to make sure they were 6 feet apart. Did I mention they were both smoking?

Please stop. This talk was outdated 3 weeks ago.

Yes be sensible. Put 2m at a minimum between people. Follow the orders. I dont know about you, but I'd rather get a couple more years of Bbqs, hot dog roasts, christmases with my parents (kids grandparents) then have them fall to a totally preventable virus.

This.is.serious.stop.*******.around

Please stop. This talk was outdated 3 weeks ago.

Yes be sensible. Put 2m at a minimum between people. Follow the orders. I dont know about you, but I'd rather get a couple more years of Bbqs, hot dog roasts, christmases with my parents (kids grandparents) then have them fall to a totally preventable virus.

This.is.serious.stop.*******.around

You didn’t even read the link I posted. You commented seconds after it was posted.

Everyone is running on fear and emotion.

Preventable virus? Car accidents are preventable too, if you don’t drive. 169,000 people died in 2017 from Accidents but I am sure you still drive.

Yeah but if you get in a car accident you have a reasonable expectation that an ambulance will
Come pick you up and the drs will do everything they can to fix you.

If they did nothing about covid the ambulance may not show up and you could suffocate to death in your home waiting for help that may not come.

Not to mention if you get in a car accident while there is a covid outbreak they may or may not show up.

I'm not saying this isn't important to contain, but imo it is overblown a bit and shouldn't be resulting in a depression of our economy. If Quebec could get their $#!t together then Canada would have pretty close to an equal rate of recoveries as new cases....

Yeah but if you get in a car accident you have a reasonable expectation that an ambulance will
Come pick you up and the drs will do everything they can to fix you.

If they did nothing about covid the ambulance may not show up and you could suffocate to death in your home waiting for help that may not come.

Not to mention if you get in a car accident while there is a covid outbreak they may or may not show up.

I totally agree with you.

That’s why I am following the rules, social distancing, good hygiene, etc.

But the world isn’t coming to an end any time soon. People need to calm down.

I'm not saying this isn't important to contain, but imo it is overblown a bit and shouldn't be resulting in a depression of our economy. If Quebec could get their $#!t together then Canada would have pretty close to an equal rate of recoveries as new cases....

Here's the thing. This COVID is coming on in ADDITION to the existing situation of flu, pneumonia, ETC

Not instead of.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/covid-coronavirus-volunteer-death-1.5516309

Let’s look at this article and take emotion out of things for a minute. I know that is hard to do but please try.

The women was not a Volunteer as the headline says. She was a 82 year spouse of a resident of a Nursing Home. She also had COPD.

Many other elderly people in the nursing home have died.

The nursing home in my home town goes on lock down multiple times a year because of flu like viruses that cause many deaths to residents and illnesses to staff every year. It is a fact of life in a nursing home.

This is a sad story, but beyond the immediate family it is not tragic. It is not comparable to the 1918 influenza where 50 million people died and it is not our greatest hardship since WW2. The 8000 people that die every day from starvation would tend to agree with me.

You don’t have to agree with me, but before you call me cold hearted think of those 8000 dead starving people.

So was H1N1...

Which had a mortality of 0.2% on the high end (arguably with a similar strategy for testing...maybe even less stringent for H1N1 which would have further inflated the mortality rate.)

H1N1 was similar to a seasonal flu (indeed it was the same family). This isnt flu, not even related. There is no vaccine, there is no cure.

There are enough hospitalizations of young people with this virus to show that it isnt just for the seniors. It is dangerous for all.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/covid-coronavirus-volunteer-death-1.5516309

Let’s look at this article and take emotion out of things for a minute. I know that is hard to do but please try.

The women was not a Volunteer as the headline says. She was a 82 year spouse of a resident of a Nursing Home. She also had COPD.

Many other elderly people in the nursing home have died.

The nursing home in my home town goes on lock down multiple times a year because of flu like viruses that cause many deaths to residents and illnesses to staff every year. It is a fact of life in a nursing home.

This is a sad story, but beyond the immediate family it is not tragic. It is not comparable to the 1918 influenza where 50 million people died and it is not our greatest hardship since WW2. The 8000 people that die every day from starvation would tend to agree with me.

You don’t have to agree with me, but before you call me cold hearted think of those 8000 dead starving people.
Yes, stay calm, always the best policy, but the thing is, this virus is super contagious. Lots of people dying in Italy under 50. Pay attention to what all the health care professionals are saying. Sure people die all the time, but not like this. If the heath care system is overloaded then anyone needing medical interventions is affected regardless of if they are infected with covid or not.

Yes but it’s a health care crisis. The system
Was just not built to deal with this Kind of load.

What the health care professionals are not telling you right now is that if you go to the hospital for anything right now the care you will receive is less then ideal.

I know a nurse that looks after babies in critical care. Right now she has to look after 3 babies when normally it’s 1 on 1 care. Why
Because They took the nurses from her unit to work in the icu for the increase in covid cases.

Hope you don’t have a baby right now that need help because an overworked nurse just might kill them.

Accidents happen when you work 24 hours straight and have 3 times the work load.
Maybe you forget to chart something and the nurse on the next shift doubles up on drugs and kills someone.

Last edited:
I know a nurse that looks after babies in critical care. Right now she has to look after 3 babies when normally it’s 1 on 1 care. Why
Because They took the nurses from her unit to work in the icu for the increase in covid cases.

Hope you don’t have a baby right now that need help because an overworked nurse just might kill them.

Accidents happen when you work 24 hours straight and have 3 times the work load.
Maybe you forget to chart something and the nurse on the next shift doubles up on drugs and kills someone.

Don't be ridiculous, it's not helpful. No babies are in danger. I have complete confidence in our Doctors, Nurses and all their support staff.

Last edited:

Yes but it’s a health care crisis. The system
Was just not built to deal with this Kind of load.

What the health care professionals are not telling you right now is that if you go to the hospital for anything right now the care you will receive is less then ideal.

This is exactly what I am taking about man. Calm down. Think about what you just wrote.
You should write news stories for the CBC.

If you are pregnant or have a life threatening situation you are still going to get the help you need.

If you are dumb enough to go to the hospital with a hang nail, they are going to tell you to f5ck off. Which they should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back