2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like RC was hot today. Regrettably we chose to fish HITW area. Flat water and 3 unders is all we had to show for our last day of retention. A few other boats in that area but didn’t see them into anything. Oh well that’s why they call it fishing and not catching ;)

Looks like RC was hot today. Regrettably we chose to fish HITW area. Flat water and 3 unders is all we had to show for our last day of retention. A few other boats in that area but didn’t see them into anything. Oh well that’s why they call it fishing and not catching ;)
I think RC was hot more than RC was a better spot ;)

did you mange to get any keepers over at thrasher that day?
Lost one in the mid teens and another one that was pretty close. The rest were all in the 50-60cm range, super active day. First time fishing thrasher though it was cool to check it out. Looking forward to getting out there again when (if) we can keep some smileys again.

Lost one in the mid teens and another one that was pretty close. The rest were all in the 50-60cm range, super active day. First time fishing thrasher though it was cool to check it out. Looking forward to getting out there again when (if) we can keep some smileys again.
That’s awesome what was the best depth over there?

That’s awesome what was the best depth over there?
The best was with the downriggers @ 175, but we were catching them all over. As I said it was our first time over there so we started shallow and then worked deeper in different spots. Brought 12-15 to the boat so we were busy playing catch and release.

The best was with the downriggers @ 175, but we were catching them all over. As I said it was our first time over there so we started shallow and then worked deeper in different spots. Brought 12-15 to the boat so we were busy playing catch and release.
Awesome I’ll be over there probably after May 1

Right on. I’ll probably head back over there around then as well, lingcod opens up around then I believe?
Yep May 1 makes it worth it the run over bring something back
There aren't any Lings at Thrasher. Not worth the gas and the risky crossing.
Nothing like a salmon closure to put the final dagger into our ling and rockfish stocks!!! The government is so out to lunch it’s not even funny
I was going to say the same thing. It's great that on the Vancouver Howe Sound thread the gulf Island fishery is being posted as another option to go and kill everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back