All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
We drove past Lighthouse Park yesterday, and didn't stop due to the crowds of people...it was pretty crazy how many people were swarming around. The parking lot was closed (presumably due to COVID-19) but the cars were parked all around on the shoulder of the road in some pretty dubious "spots" and there were groups of people walking close together. Hard to believe that these groups would be from the same household. I understand the desire to be out and about (we were looking for a spot to be outside too) but the crowds were crazy and we didn't even consider stopping there once we saw the crowds...not that we would've been able to park anywhere anyway.

We will see if it works as we are part of a study to test it.

Controversial malaria drug hydroxychloroquine tested at B.C. seniors’ home

A controversial anti-malaria drug is being trialed as a therapy for COVID-19 at the B.C. seniors' care home at the epicentre of the province's novel coronavirus outbreak.

Global News has confirmed that residents of the Lynn Valley Care Centre are receiving hydroxychloroquine as a part of an international study on the effectiveness of the drug.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/cana...roquine-tested-at-bc-seniors-home/ar-BB11OHv4

I didn't click through the links but they started this testing a bit over a week ago at Lynn valley care centre. They sent notes to residents and family asking for participation. Let's hope this has some traction, they sure need some good news in that bloody awful scenario.

We drove past Lighthouse Park yesterday, and didn't stop due to the crowds of people...it was pretty crazy how many people were swarming around. The parking lot was closed (presumably due to COVID-19) but the cars were parked all around on the shoulder of the road in some pretty dubious "spots" and there were groups of people walking close together. Hard to believe that these groups would be from the same household. I understand the desire to be out and about (we were looking for a spot to be outside too) but the crowds were crazy and we didn't even consider stopping there once we saw the crowds...not that we would've been able to park anywhere anyway.

You can't fix stupid, but hitting them in the wallet and inconvenience could work. The park is closed which should include street parking. Expand the Emergency Declarations, then start towing their cars and putting them in very expensive storage. The word would get around fast and you would only have to tow a few before the behavior changed and the message got around. Since they are only concerned about what they want, make it about their self interest.

Last edited:

So to be clear, you were going to be one of the people out and about when you should be at home? And are complaining that too many other people were doing the same? Pot meet kettle.

People just can't get it through their thick skulls. Dr Henry is part of the problem. I want to hear officials start to say stay the **** inside or you're going to jail. This half butt **** is getting us nowhere.

A little nervous today since I have to break isolation and go to the hospital outpatient lab or they won't renew my prescription for my Chemo pills. Really not wanting to go near the hospital, the lab waiting area, small sample rooms and agency pharmacy, but I need those pills to keep the cancer in check.

A little nervous today since I have to break isolation and go to the hospital outpatient lab or they won't renew my prescription for my Chemo pills. Really not wanting to go near the hospital, the lab waiting area, small sample rooms and agency pharmacy, but I need those pills to keep the cancer in check.

Damn I thought drs could renew prescriptions over the phone during this time? Stay safe hope it all goes ok for you.

So to be clear, you were going to be one of the people out and about when you should be at home? And are complaining that too many other people were doing the same? Pot meet kettle.

haha, sure. Got a little kiddo who is itching to get outside. Playgrounds are closed. Libraries closed. Rec centres closed. So we loaded in to the car and went to a spot kiddo wanted to go....it was overrun with people so we kept going. I see your report from yesterday @ryanb that large groups of people were not practicing social distancing in Sydney. I assume you were out for essential groceries then?

Last edited:

That is ridiculous. Sorry man.

Damn I thought drs could renew prescriptions over the phone during this time? Stay safe hope it all goes ok for you.

This is not a regular pharmacy, only the Cancer Agency can dispense Chemo for me . The lab tests are to make sure the chemo drugs are not damaging my organs before they renew it. I argued that I have been taking this particular drug for many years and never have my monthly blood tests been out of range where it was necessary to alter my medication and I was willing to take the risk, but they won't go for it as it's the protocol. So it is blood tests or no chemo this month. They will do the Dr. consultation and check over, over the phone this time and write the prescription, but I will still have to go back to the Cancer Agency Pharmacy the next day to pick up the Chemo.

Last edited:
This is not a regular pharmacy, only the Cancer Agency can dispense Chemo. The lab tests are to make sure the chemo drugs are not damaging my organs before they renew it. I argued that I have been taking this particular drug for many years and never have my monthly blood tests been out of range where it was necessary to alter my medication and I was willing to take the risk, but they won't go for it as it's the protocol. So it is blood tests or no chemo. They will do the Dr. consultation and check over, over the phone this time and write the prescription, but I will still have to go to back to the Cancer Agency Pharmacy the next day to pick up the Chemo.

Rick can you not get a courier to pick it up?

Rick can you not get a courier to pick it up?

I am thinking not, but possibly although just getting a hold of them to set it up can take time and I do not want to delay getting the drug. They know me well but still have to see my medical picture ID and give me the standard lecture every month when they dispense it. Perhaps that is understandable as most cancer drugs are scary expensive.

haha, sure. Got a little kiddo who is itching to get outside. Playgrounds are closed. Libraries closed. Rec centres closed. So we loaded in to the car and went to a spot kiddo wanted to go....it was overrun with people so we kept going. I see your report from yesterday @ryanb that large groups of people were not practicing social distancing in Sydney. I assume you were out for essential groceries then?

Actually no, I'm an essential service employee so I had to be at work.

That's just terrible. Wtf?? Time to cut the red tape

Sorry you have to go through that on top of the rest of this.

This just in! Gov to pay workers 75% of their salary up to $58,700 or max $847 per week.

PM starts the address at 22:30 in the video

It's an improvement for those who are layed off as 55% EI is a joke on top of their waiting period.

Celebrating small victories day by day

I am thinking not, but possibly although just getting a hold of them to set it up can take time and I do not want to delay getting the drug. They know me well but still have to see my medical picture ID and give me the standard lecture every month when they dispense it. Perhaps that is understandable as most cancer drugs are scary expensive.

PM sending...

but I will still have to go back to the Cancer Agency Pharmacy the next day to pick up the Chemo.
I get mine delivered to the VGA from the cancer agency never any waiting at all and away from the crowds All you have to to is ask them They have regular runs between the hospitals The pharmacy for VGA is in the basement and they don't care who picks them up Who would want to steel chemo drugs LOL My wife picks them up for me Just takes an extra day to get them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back