2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just dropped in at the hump , slight SE roll, dropped into a 55 cm right away

Nice, where did you end up fueling up, Chevron Coal Harbor? I need to do a sea trial after a bunch of work, fill up, but now the marina is going to be closed all weekend.

Have a great day...

Pretty sure it's already set to be shut down April 1st. There is a thread over in the conservation/management section.
that thread was the one that said using interim measures starting april 1st never really said what they are in the notice

I fished Defense Islands / Porteau Cove on Friday & Saturday (8hrs Friday and 5hrs Saturday either side of the flood tide). Nothing but 1 x shaker and a strike. Saw Orcas. Last year, this time I was cleaning up there. Tried various glow hoochie and spoons. Fished mostly close to bottom in 180ft but tried other depths. None of the other boats seemed to be getting any love either. Very frustrating. Word at the marina was not many fish coming out of there last few weeks. Good luck today and tomorrow gents!

I fished Defense Islands / Porteau Cove on Friday & Saturday (8hrs Friday and 5hrs Saturday either side of the flood tide). Nothing but 1 x shaker and a strike. Saw Orcas. Last year, this time I was cleaning up there. Tried various glow hoochie and spoons. Fished mostly close to bottom in 180ft but tried other depths. None of the other boats seemed to be getting any love either. Very frustrating. Word at the marina was not many fish coming out of there last few weeks. Good luck today and tomorrow gents!
Thanks for the update Mark. Any info on HITW? Yes I saw the previous post. Was thinking of heading out that way.

You heading that way tomorrow?
Depends on the weather and I need a boat launch so probably Sunset Marina. HITW would be natural choice.
Horseshoe Bay ramp will probably fill up quick. I have an open boat so rain is not that comfy haha
Wish I knew what was happening with closures. I'm going to concentrate on some river fishing for awhile

Depends on the weather and I need a boat launch so probably Sunset Marina. HITW would be natural choice.
Horseshoe Bay ramp will probably fill up quick. I have an open boat so rain is not that comfy haha
Wish I knew what was happening with closures. I'm going to concentrate on some river fishing for awhile
Right on. I’m hoping to get out tomorrow as well, trying to decide where but if I head that way let’s keep in touch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back