2020 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going tomorrow early for Hali unless someone has a Salmon report for me? Would love to get my son into some springs or even a Hali. Feel free to PM me...I won't steal your fish, baby #2 is coming in June so not much fishing left for me for the next couple years.
Tomorrow does look like the day doesn't it? Was hooping wind would settle down as window for anchoring is better Monday and Tuesday but no luck. Well good luck......might see ya out.

Hot? What boat were you in?
well put....a fairly new member comes on and tells us about hot fishing in an area you know well and may very well have been fishing this morning. interesting! I do hope it's an accurate post.
he is in an 18' Double Eagle apparently. No reason not to believe him???

Last edited:
You guys kill me...members are always complaining because there aren't enough fishing reports and then, when someone who has been a member for going on 3 years but hasn't posted too much provides a report, he gets questioned about his post! Maybe he just had one of those really lucky days...right place at the right time...etc. No wonder no one new wants to post in the reports section. :confused:

Wasn’t meaning to question anyone. As I was out there myself during that time with one or maybe 2 other boats around I was just curious what boat they were in. I experienced less than “hot” fishing. Brought an 8lb hatchery home but noticed very little bait on the screen or fish being caught. One boat had 2 fish maybe 5 mins apart a little after 12 but other than that, did not see any other fish caught.

Last edited:
Reactions: cby
I am a new member-however, i have fished the coast for close to 15 years before becoming a member. I had intentions of posting my report today. But it does seem that unless you have a specific standing on the forum, that you might as well not post. Hopefully this can change for the future of the forum.
Ah man you're doing it for the guys that need the help anyways, at least I am. Can't let the bullies and know-it-alls bring yah down. Guys that complain about reports just don't want any other people fishing within ten miles of them. Calling a 10lb fishing a "high teen" though, that'll deservedly getcha cut down ;)

You guys kill me...members are always complaining because there aren't enough fishing reports and then, when someone who has been a member for going on 3 years but hasn't posted too much provides a report, he gets questioned about his post! Maybe he just had one of those really lucky days...right place at the right time...etc. No wonder no one new wants to post in the reports section. :confused:

As you know, the flats are a very small area. If someone is getting hot fishing on the flats during and one hour time frame, everyone there knows it.
It appears there was another fisherman on the flats at the same time and did not see or have the same results. Could be he was in the Gap or Constance where I have heard there has been some good fishing lately
Would be nice to hear from the poster with more details.
Fishermen have been observed to sometimes not report the exact area they are getting success.
Not to suggest this is the case in this instance

Wasn't my intention to turn this into a **** show and don't think @Oakbayfishin was being particularly nasty but the inevitable pile on starts and it gets tiresome. It wasn't that long ago that we got 1 week old reports in the newspaper and that was it. Now if we don't have video by Zapruder to break down frame by frame we can't trust it. I just wish we could leave it be and ignore it if we are suspicious. There is enough negative bs in the world these days (especially right now) so it would be nice to just enjoy what little fishing opportunity we have left. Sorry for the rant...maybe the cabin fever is getting to me! Now, back to reports...I hope we have more in the future!

Brian

I am a new member-however, i have fished the coast for close to 15 years before becoming a member. I had intentions of posting my report today. But it does seem that unless you have a specific standing on the forum, that you might as well not post. Hopefully this can change for the future of the forum.

I am an old member and I quit posting reports years ago due to the fact some people call you out for
anything they can dream up.
Most of them likely don't fish much but consider themselves experts.
post away, if you feel inclined,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back