2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are Pollock and I have kept quite a few over the years. We enjoy them very much for fish and chips and I keep all of the rest of the carcass for bait. You will catch them in different sizes with some of them getting up to a few pounds in size but the average is more around a pound to a couple pounds. Keep a couple and try them to see if you like them. Very similar to Cod IMO.

Had one just legal keeper in Howe Sound as soon as the rigger hit depth, instant hit. Fished another 4.5hrs and not even a bite. Between 60-250’ down. Returned to Squamish to find both my crab traps stolen. Had seen about 4 other floats this morning when I dropped them and they were gone too, none in sight. Kinda ruined our day, have never had that happen before.

Decided to get wet and run across to thrasher to check it out... fished 1-4 or so, pile of unders, no p cod, lost one on surface after playing for bit that would’ve been dinner but that was it... good thing gas is cheap! One 28’ kingfisher there and that was it. Ran chovies mostly. Managed just under 100 prawns over there so enough for dinner! Turned out beauty day once we got there! Very enjoyable.

Attachments

• 5EAAB892-1F9C-420B-994B-E39FB3547F5C.png
    5EAAB892-1F9C-420B-994B-E39FB3547F5C.png
    548.4 KB · Views: 89
Beauty day...fished the low slack at Tunstal and boxed a #18 white spring, and brought home some crab and a few prawns... good to get out on the water.
18 lbs wow! Did you measure it?

Traps stolen today!! Not even a 1.5 hour soak! Have dropped them for years in the same spot !! Be careful out there! Also everyone watch out for the fellow fisherman !! You see a boat that looks sketchy they’re is a reason you get that feeling !! If I catch that person he’s Gona figure out how to blow bubbles in the future !! Fishing report - fished defence reef for the tide change -no bait alll didn’t even get a touch for the tide change

Traps stolen today!! Not even a 1.5 hour soak! Have dropped them for years in the same spot !! Be careful out there! Also everyone watch out for the fellow fisherman !! You see a boat that looks sketchy they’re is a reason you get that feeling !! If I catch that person he’s Gona figure out how to blow bubbles in the future !! Fishing report - fished defence reef for the tide change -no bait alll didn’t even get a touch for the tide change
Another guy reported traps stolen near squamish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back