Fish pics for the isolated

Steplift

Figured I’d start a fish pic thread for the isolated. I’m to far from the coast to get out on the salt and have to many young kids to get out ice fishing. So I’ll post a few pictures of better days from the past and dreams of future days ahead.

boys tag teaming a salmon

Attachments

• ED13AA74-00B2-470E-B15F-6AF8CDFDE9E4.jpeg
    ED13AA74-00B2-470E-B15F-6AF8CDFDE9E4.jpeg
    271.5 KB · Views: 296
Mid 1970's when I was stationed at Travis Air Force Base in the Bay Area of California.

36 pound Sacramento River Striped Bass. Caught while night fishing on the river bank.

e8CUV2b.jpg

More from San Pablo Bay, on the north portion of San Francisco Bay. Caught day fishing, anchored boat, live bait.

8D2j0b0.jpg

J7fsitA.jpg

ACjyTRO.jpg

Roosters, always wanted to catch one after I read some of Milt Rosco's writings way back in the dark ages.

Biggest rooster of my life , ate a 5 lb bonito 35’ on the downrigger, tropic star lodge, check that one off the bucket list
That’s one of the coolest fish I’ve ever seen!

Ive caught some in Mexico up to 30lbs they are a awesome fighting fish! when you see those fins come out and rip across the water its pretty sweet! thats a beauty fish what did that one weigh @adanac ?

Ive caught some in Mexico up to 30lbs they are a awesome fighting fish! when you see those fins come out and rip across the water its pretty sweet! thats a beauty fish what did that one weigh @adanac ?

This was estimated right around 50 lbs. they get much bigger down there, we were right beside a boat of shimano reps who caught and released a 70 lb on a stickbait. Was an amazing trip over all, 4 days in the Panamanian jungle , roosters, cubera snapper, massive dorado to 50lbs, almaco jacks, African pompano , big pacific sails, wahoo , and as many 50 - 120 lb yellowfin on poppers and spinning gear as you wanted . We raised and hooked two black marlin as-well well while downrigging bonitos on the Zane grey reef, one estimated 350, and one well over 500 that both spat the hook. Trip of a lifetime .

Well not even close to a 50lbs Rooster but this one makes me smile so I'll play. I too am along ways from the coast and the 2 feet of snow this week has me looking at pictures from warmer days! This was after a day at hockey school in Lake Cowichan all day that we drove to from Renfrew and a swim at the lake on the way back. Last summer my son really liked the idea of the "Night Bite" and begged me to take him out for a bit when we got back to Renfrew. Who am I to argue? lol So off to East Point on a flat calm evening with very few boats around. We made one pass into the slot and as I straightened up out of the turn both rods popped off.....Double Header! My son use to ask me why I had 2 nets on the boat and I finally got to say "This is why I have 2 nets!" lol Truth is I bought a new net and just never brought the other one up to the cabin.....;)

Attachments

• Night Bite.jpg
    Night Bite.jpg
    457.8 KB · Views: 174
I know these fish are not what we caught sports fishing but every time I jig for ling I remember those days. Don't bash me for dragging the bottom,,,,it's how some of us use to make a living years ago.

approx weight on the left? And where abouts? That’s a heffer

Love the ling fishing this is my cousin’s first salt water fish. When the jig hit the bottom of a rock pile the rod doubled over “I think I’ve got a snag”. Nope just a big ling “ THAT’S A ******* FISH!!!!”

Attachments

• DB59098E-C357-49ED-8EED-288523FC85F1.jpeg
    DB59098E-C357-49ED-8EED-288523FC85F1.jpeg
    247.9 KB · Views: 141
I’d love to catch a roster and dorado one day. I could see rosters in the surf in Mexico a few years ago all I was geared up for was drinking beer on that trip.

approx weight on the left? And where abouts? That’s a heffer

No idea of the weight. This is an old photo from 1979-80. We use to drag alot off of the north end of the Queen Charlottes so that would be my guess on the where abouts. We use to get some monster Hali as well.

Well not even close to a 50lbs Rooster but this one makes me smile so I'll play. I too am along ways from the coast and the 2 feet of snow this week has me looking at pictures from warmer days! This was after a day at hockey school in Lake Cowichan all day that we drove to from Renfrew and a swim at the lake on the way back. Last summer my son really liked the idea of the "Night Bite" and begged me to take him out for a bit when we got back to Renfrew. Who am I to argue? lol So off to East Point on a flat calm evening with very few boats around. We made one pass into the slot and as I straightened up out of the turn both rods popped off.....Double Header! My son use to ask me why I had 2 nets on the boat and I finally got to say "This is why I have 2 nets!" lol Truth is I bought a new net and just never brought the other one up to the cabin.....;)
That back deck is 100% business. That boat is perfection!

A nice southern Alberta lake sturgeon from the SSR. This is my oldest son in the pic, it’s from about 10 years back. He made Outdoor Canada magazine with this pic. We would get into some nice ones there, well nice for that part of the world nothing like is caught in the Fraser but still powerful fish. Pound for pound the most powerful fish I’ve experienced. Not necessarily the wildest fighters but just never give up, relentless energy.

49750975908_3dab507a91_c.jpg

Back