VBOAT Voyager

Matthias

This is up for sale on craigslist and it looks pretty dandy!

Curious if anyone's got any experience with these boats. They look well suited for our waters. One of the big drawbacks I see from the photos is the cavity bulkhead has to allow the engine to be trimmed up. It takes away from serious fishing space. I'm going to take it for a sea trial in a few days. Will report back

The price also doesn't seem ridiculous for what you're getting.

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/nvn/bod/d/west-vancouver-vboats-voyager-24/7086548223.html

Looks pretty sweet. Where is it manufactured? I think your right about the transom, would be better with an offshore bracket but oh well.

Depending on what you want to use it for I guess. An 8'1" beam and small fuel tank could be an issue as well as the already mentioned dance floor. It should fly with the 250 on it because its so light...again that may or may not be an issue depending on how it's going to be used...imo

Last edited:
I like it. You will have to use 9' rods though, 10.5 will be hard to net fish. Comments about tippy? You'd have to see the bottom/reverse chines to see what it looks and rides like before making that judgement. Good west coast boat with all that covered area.

It is on the narrow side which is lost room and a red flag for me. It is also very light which means you will be coming out of the water more in rough water which means hard on the back. Aluminum are already rougher riding than a heavier glass boat. Doesn’t appeal to me for fishing and rough water. Reverse chines will make it more stable but they will also make your back hurt even more when you land back into the water.

Mah,, not for me, looks like a cross between a bull ***** and a reindeer,, and what is that you say,, exactly !!

They've had a few similar boats for sale in the last few years. They look really narrow and light-duty to me, although I haven't been onboard. The cockpit of the one posted here looks very cramped with the motor splashwell.

They're like the Russian version of the Hypermarine boats! https://hypermode.ca/boats

i looked at a bunch of russian boats. they are all built light and badly constructed. the new one i saw had a cracked weld from the factory. there was a couple of them on sale from north van too. i saw the boats sitting 2 years later with no buyers.
wouldnt expect much from them.

5mm bottoms. They are basically an aluminum , more durable version of those Jeanneau boats that have been around the past few years.

i looked at a bunch of russian boats. they are all built light and badly constructed. the new one i saw had a cracked weld from the factory. there was a couple of them on sale from north van too. i saw the boats sitting 2 years later with no buyers.
wouldnt expect much from them.

5mm bottoms. They are basically an aluminum , more durable version of those Jeanneau boats that have been around the past few years.

^ these two posts seem conflicting!

Any other first-hand experience with the aluminum Vboat?

^ these two posts seem conflicting!

Any other first-hand experience with the aluminum Vboat?

Two different opinions, you could expect different results. I opined on the style of boat and what is comparable design-wise in fiberglass. I did note that the aluminum boats do have a 5 mm bottom.

Two different opinions, you could expect different results. I opined on the style of boat and what is comparable design-wise in fiberglass. I did note that the aluminum boats do have a 5 mm bottom.

I'm curious about your opinion that the Vboat is more durable than the fiberglass Jeanneau...what is that based on?

Also, is 5mm thick or thin for the hull of a boat in this size range? I think bottom thickness needs to be considered along with the number and placement of stringers.

5mm is about 0.190. normally boats in this range are 0.250" or 6mm.
Volzhanka (Волжанка) is the manufacturer i saw. Pretty junky construction in their smaller range. dont know about these vboat voyager things. i never saw a vboat.
The ones i saw had a cyrillic B on them stamped in the transom area.

If youre going in that range have a look at Riptide Marine on vancouver island. They sell well made quality boats for around the same cost in 26ft. and they are 0.250" and can be customized easily. they give you a hull and weld custom interiors to suit.

The link in the OP isn't working anymore, but this looks like the same boat:
https://vancouver.craigslist.org/nvn/bod/d/west-vancouver-vboats-voyager-24/7085923372.html

You can see in these pics the boat used to have a Yamaha 4cyl engine (I think it was a 200hp). Now the boat has a Yamaha 4.2L V6 250hp.

The last line of the ad seems unusual...I wonder if they've been having a hard time with people inquiring about this thing???
"Compliant with all construction requirements of Transport Canada Small Vessel Regulations."

Back