Mill Bay Derby

Sounds good chilli I'll be fishing with a couple buddy's in a 24 hewes looking forward to some good weather and a good day

It was an epic northeaster yesterday.
Windchill extremeo! Great day, thanks to the Mill Bay Marina crew for the hot coffee and donuts in the morning!! Our boat released one just under, heard a nice 12 was caught in Deep Cove.

Did Mark take a year off and let someone else win lol
Haha...I tried trolling for a couple hours inside the bay but knew better than too try making it across the inlet. It was a washing machine out there. So I chose living to fish another day!

Haha...I tried trolling for a couple hours inside the bay but knew better than too try making it across the inlet. It was a washing machine out there. So I chose living to fish another day!

We crossed from Steveston through Porlier Friday afternoon. It was a little lumpy out there to say the least. Then Saturday’s start to the derby was like boating through Hell’s Gate getting out of the Marina. Lots of fun when your in a solid boat but most took a serious pounding. Once up the channel the water calmed down but the wind was a constant nuisance.

The staff at Mill Bay put on a great event but unfortunately the fish weren’t cooperating for us and many others. I did manage to walk away with a Big Chief smoker as a draw prize.

Back