Stock market

Bank of Canada dropping rates .5% on a Friday afternoon. Never heard of that being done mid review cycle. Gotta be good for mortgage holders and start ups at some point. Who knows, maybe that rate goes negative at some point. Crazy.

Winter is coming. Dead cat bounce today maybe. Trump needed to offer more than $50 billion in aid, but he didn't. My buddy is the VP and Senior Portfolio Manager of U.S. Equities for a big Canadian firm. He trades huge sums everyday and will keep buying as it keeps dropping for a while, then it will be good, but it's hard to say when.

It will be interesting to see if things get back to normal in China as restrictions are lifted or if more people get infected for a new cycle. Warm weather countries are not immune, so who knows if summer will finish it as happened with SARS.

Last edited:
If you get your financial 'news' from ANY MSM platform, you are being seriously mis-informed and more than likely manipulated.
The reality is that the system is going to collapse.
NO amount of money printing is going to save the Ponzi scheme currently in play, only delay the inevitable.
Gold and Silver are money, everything else is credit. JP Morgan (ironically it's now JP Morgan that is manipulating the Ag market)
Good luck to all as this is going to get bad, real bad. Especially here in Canazuela where there is NO Gold in the vault...

If you get your financial 'news' from ANY MSM platform, you are being seriously mis-informed and more than likely manipulated.
NO amount of money printing is going to save the Ponzi scheme currently in play, only delay the inevitable.
Gold and Silver are money, everything else is credit. JP Morgan (ironically it's now JP Morgan that is manipulating the Ag market)
Good luck to all as this is going to get bad, real bad. Especially here in Canazuela where there is NO Gold in the vault...
That's all I really want it to do...delay the inevitable for maybe another century or so. Pretty good track record so far!

oh man. Doom and gloom. I think we all agree it is not a good situation, but global collapse of the worlds financial system? Doubt that. The underlying issue is not the financial system. Its been reasonable sound since 2009. It’s an external lever. I agree that our Federal Gov is weak and intellectually challenged, but, they will be forced to fall in line with the global wave of controls and governance that others are implementing (particularily G7) to protect economies and people so they don’t **** up. All Trudeau has to do is watch what best in class economies do and replicate. Let’s hope a ”confidence” vote comes soon in parliament to get government back on track with a new PC Gov. Let’s bring this post back in 6 months and compare the metrics.

Last I looked there wasn't that huge a demand. And weirdly enough, this time even while the market crashed gold went down also!?

Just curious times we are living in...

A friend asked me "What makes gold so special?", he meant, why should gold have any special value in today's world?

I couldn't give him a good answer that made fiscal sense...
Yeah I was starting to type out a big thing about that but decided against it at the time...short answer is "the same thing as paper money: faith in future abstract agreed-upon value."

You see in lots of major disruptions that gold in the hands of individuals becomes radically discounted; you might trade fifty thousand dollars' worth for a plane ticket out of Casa Blanca when a thousand bucks cash would have gotten you the same slot because it's easier to work with. Black marketeers rarely trust it so it loses all value.

Between governments that are confident long-term economic structures will prevail it's worth plenty, because they think it'll keep having an abstract agreed-upon value the same way the US dollar might right now. The difference is really just that it's stateless and the rise and fall of a single currency doesn't affect it.

But whether that helps the individual or not...hard to say. In times of crisis, I think it's a much less useful vehicle than lots of people think it's going to be.

Last I looked there wasn't that huge a demand. And weirdly enough, this time even while the market crashed gold went down also!?

Just curious times we are living in...

I didn't understand that either. I do now. The term is 'throwing the baby out with the bathwater' comes to mind...
This current system is credit based. It WILL collapse no doubt. What side you are on is your prerogative.
I am NOT a fan of Gold. No real industrial use... Silver is quite the opposite.
However, just because you don't believe in something shouldn't be a case to NOT take advantage of it. That way you are not 'emotional' in the trade
Again, I wish you all well. I have a bunch of gear that I hope you can make useful. Stay tuned...

put the Peter Schiff down for a minute and remember...this will be over by June.

gold is great, and I love it, but a balanced approach is better.

put the Peter Schiff down for a minute and remember...this will be over by June.

gold is great, and I love it, but a balanced approach is better.

We laugh at Schiff. He's a CB shill ffs.
The key to all of this is ENERGY. Every dollar earned, made, spent is based on energy.
Once that is recognized, everything becomes crystal clear. Gl

The drop in central bank rates has seemingly fueled panic.
  • the New York Stock Exchange was halted for 15 minutes after the Dow Jones fell 9.7 per cent – more than 2,250 points – and the S&P dropped 8 per cent on opening on Monday morning.

The plunge comes a day after the Fed cut interest rates to zero in an effort to stabilise the markets following weeks of turmoil caused by the growing coronavirus crisis and concern at the slow reaction of governments, including the US.

As the spread of coronavirus causes the shutdown of businesses and a fall in consumer spending, economists have been slashing their expectations for upcoming months.

JPMorgan Chase says the US economy may shrink at a 2% annual rate this quarter and 3% in the April-through-June quarter. To many investors, that meets the definition of a recession.

First time ever:
The S&P 500 Index SPX-5.62% fell from a 52-week high to a 52-week low in less than three weeks.
• The Bloomberg Barclays U.S. Corporate Bond Index lost more than 7% in a week.
• The New York Stock Exchange suffered its most intense cluster of 90% down days (where 90% or more of NYSE-traded stocks closed lower for the day).
• S&P 500 (cash and futures) hit the circuit breaker and triggered a trading halt four times.

Other notable mentions:
• The S&P 500 gained or lost more than 4% every day of the week (for the first time since 1929).
• Some 75% of NYSE-traded stocks fell to 52-week lows (second-highest ever).
• The VIX VIX+28.38% spiked to the third-highest level ever.

Back